Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was feeling like a neighbourhood car weirdo/fan untill today. I am the only person in a 50 house radius who actually washes their cars themselves and waxes their car to keep it nice. Or so I thought. It turns out their is a very nice chap who was walking his dog and explained he has a Sud in a lock up that will be fully restored and roadworthy by the summer and said well done for keeping the car smart. Then the guy whose house the car was parked in front of came out and said that my 156 always looks so nice and he likes to care for his car properly too.

Faith in my neighbours as car fans restored and I dont feel such a kn** washing my cars weekly now.

M

·
0 Posts
I rarely see anyone in my road cleaning their car, although the chap next door (the neighbours that I get on with, not the sub human scum on the other side) is often to be seen with the spanners out :thumbs:

They must think I'm a bit special, out there cleaning either Maud or Bella, in all weathers :D

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah. I live in a cul-de-sac of 8 houses - nobody washes their car. They all prefer to get the [email protected] blasted out of their cars at the local car washes - for £ 5.50!

I'd rather get out in the fresh air and do the biz myself - take the £ 5.50 and get a six pack to sit on the door step with and admire my work. :lol:

My next door neighbour did say one day he loved my Alfas and I did a good job of looking after them. He probably went back into his house and thought " Car weirdo............."

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
My neighbour always comments when i wash it, check the oil,water etc.
The usual is, when i take the wheels off to clean, without fail "Does it go faster now"
Not so much feel like a wierdo just that hes a dick.

Mentioned at the weekend i need two frront tyres, he told me about a place he goes where "You can ,em for twenty quid each"
But then he does drive a picasso.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I'm a slave to my Alfa. Has to be kept gleaming at all times.

I even black the tyres if feeling particularly decedent.

Quite a few neighbours wash their cars here..but no other Alfas.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm a slave to my Alfa. Has to be kept gleaming at all times.

I even black the tyres if feeling particularly decedent.
I miss having gloss black tyres, but it leaves a right mess over the car cover, and would invariably get mess all over me when taking the cover off, or putting it back on.

Non glossed tyres look :(

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My neighbour always comments when i wash it, check the oil,water etc. QUOTE]

Thats a point too. Im the only one who checks oil water etc. How do peoples cars run between services without these basic checks. But then perhaps they dont have twinsparks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just me and the next door neighbour here. He has a 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am which he has restored and it is now a very nice motor.

Having said that, my next door neighbour on the other also gives his cars a wash and polish every now and then too

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Spent a weekend doing odds and ends on mine band got a few 'what a weirdo' glances :( there chavs so I stuck some Metallica on the stereo :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I'm the only person in the street who ever washes a car by hand or lifts a bonnet, though nobody ever comments. Auto car washes are expensive, damage my car and besides that, washing by hand is quite good exercise (and after the Xmas food I need all the exercise I can get :lol: ). So I'm not really bothered what they think. The guys in the local supermarket car park seem to be doing a good trade with car washing by hand.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Washing the car is the only exercise I get. I happened to glance into the bucket the local supermarket guys were using and there was more sludge than water. May be im too fastidious but I wash my girlfriends car for her now as well as she used to be a supermarket wash customer.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I'm the only one who ever washes my car at home, which is quite something considering I live in a block of about 120 flats and there are some nice motors out there ie Astons, Porsche, BMWs, Audi's Etc. Yes, I frequently get some very odd glances, but hey ho, I've the only Alfa in the block. Have just had a quick wash and polish now and managed an odd glance or two. I am not overly struck by the local hand wash places as they rarely do a half decent job. Sometimes I will use them and then come home to finish it off, polish Etc.

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
I'm not the only one that washes by hand, the chap across the road does as well. But four skally kids and his misses ...... I'm surprised he's not out there everyday :eek: :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
My slave(husband) cleans my alfa my Alfa. Has to be kept gleaming at all times.

He even has to black the tyres I'm feeling particularly decedent.

Quite a few neighbours wash their cars here..but no other Alfas.
;) luv ya DD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts