Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never thought there was any point but I'm getting a new MiTo next week and my friend said to me: "better start using additives from the start then".

Why?! And which?! (He's gone to Spain now so I can't ask him lol).

Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Never thought there was any point but I'm getting a new MiTo next week and my friend said to me: "better start using additives from the start then".

Why?! And which?! (He's gone to Spain now so I can't ask him lol).

Thanks.
I use Parafin from local DIY store

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Na not aditives. just good quality fuel BP ultimate seems to be the favorite on here. Don't bout petrol but if you are gettin the diesel then don't use shell optimax as alfas don't seem to like it!

·
Registered
162 Posts
don't know why.....but my direct injection(jts)seems to have problems with carbon deposits(as most direct injection engines)so i use additive every 4000-5000 miles.you are not going to have these problems with the mito(i think)but for sure you are going to have many different ones in he future.....new alfa engines on the mito are turbo and with a hell of thechnology as always.....the are superb when they run but when they fail they can't be fixed....the hope with the mito is that its a lovely car and hopefully it will not let you down as most of technology is shared with fiat cars....the 1.4 turbo engine is used in super mass production cars so it can't fail...it must be reliable.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts