Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do you use driving gloves?

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
I have arthritic hands so does that qualify me to wear them and have a reason to look "uncool":)
Erm.... I guess so....:rolleyes:

But then again other than gloves will keep your hands warm, they don't help you tighten the grip on the wheel.:confused:

That's why I said I wear them sometimes in the Spider, when roof down, my hands will cool.

In your new 159 Simon, there should be no such issues.... ;)

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
I wear gloves when driving in the winter although they are just ordinary gloves, not specifically driving gloves. When driving the Monti it was essential to wear them as the steering wheel was very slippery and as it didn't have power steering, you needed all the purchase you could muster on the wheel. Otherwise you were forever slipping off the wheel, especially when parking :(

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I really like driving gloves, I have made (yes knitted, how cool is that) arm warmers with a hole for my thumbs which I can put gloves on underneath.

Sorry Big Foot, the picture didn't load but if they are how I picture Maz. would design gloves, I would buy them.
That's how they look.

·
Registered
16,906 Posts
don't wear gloves, but I wear special 'Bentley Boys' racing goggles and cap. They're essential when driving the Polo ;)

g

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I used to have some (from Halfords) which I used in the MG - however they weren't that good and I don't use the MG in the winter anymore...

However, a few years ago I saw some in a magazine made by Louise Vutton - they cost £90 but were just fantastic. I've looked everywhere for them though, and can't find them :(

Who makes the Maserati ones?

N

·
0 Posts
don't wear gloves, but I wear special 'Bentley Boys' racing goggles and cap. They're essential when driving the Polo ;)
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

The glove brigade do know you can aim
the heater vents at the steering wheel, right ? :confused:

21 - 40 of 98 Posts