·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... more than you ought to?

I used to. There was a time when the only session I missed down
the pub was Saturday lunch time. And not always :lol: Which meant
six lunch times and seven evenings, each and every week for several
years. Yes, this does explain my beer belly.

On average, a lunch time meant two pints and an evening meant four.
Sometimes (rarely) less, sometimes more (much more).

I'm not sure if I was dependant on drink or not. I know I enjoyed it.
Going to the pub was my hobby and I was very good at it :D

Eventually I got bored with it. Darts team politics helped me decide to
walk away from the oche and I have hardly played at all in the last
ten years. Conversations had become very repetitive and friendships
(if that is what they were) had faded.

Nowadays I go to the pub regularly on a Tuesday night for the quiz and
every now and then we might pop in for a couple of pints. Perhaps once
or twice a month. I enjoy it just as much and when I'm there I don't want
to leave :D But I no longer feel the draw that I used to.

It's not just the expense either. Beer has, in real terms, got cheaper
over time, wine especially so. I think it had just become very boring
to go so often.

Not sure why I typed this. Just felt like it I suppose :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
6 lunches and 7 evenings are probably a bit too much.

I only drink twice a week Monday to Thursday and Friday to Sunday :D Old I know.

I used to go for a pint everyday and be out getting rat arsed 5 nights a week. Now I go on a Monday for Arraz and either a Friday or Saturday for a binge. :)

As long as you're happy Gibbo that's all that matters.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yes I probably drink more than I ought to. It tends to be at home rather than in pubs though, which is arguably worse. The good news is that at this time every year without fail, I start feeling guilty about all the alcohol that has been consumed over the festive season and start cutting back dramatically. :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Unfortunately yes :eek: Way too much to admit to on here though :tut:

Don't do the pub thing now I don't work away, but every night at home :eek:

Each to their own I say :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I have a couple every night, in fact I can't remember the last time I had a dry night :)

Either a pint on my way home or one with my tea, then two or three regular vodka and tonics.

Could Live without the couple of drinkpoos every night, probably if I chose to, but I enjoy a couple to wind down at the end of the day. I don't get ratted like I used to and I'm up and out for work at6:45 every morning so why not :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
For 40 years, every day, at least two pints (and as you say, often more :eek:) with regular mammoth sessions maybe once a month :eek: always beer and very rearly spirits

But with recent health scares I've had to re-evaluate my life style and since New Years day 2012 I have cut right back on the alcohol but I'm now getting through 2L of Diet Coke a day.

Have never been much of a Tea, Coffee or Water drinker there being enough water in the beers ;)

M

·
0 Posts
I'm making a genuine effort to cut down, but for several years I have drunk more than I should. I don't go to the pub very often, but I enjoy a drink at home. I would regularly enjoy 3 or 4 tins at home each night, or a bottle of wine, or a couple of beers and several double scotchs. Now I'm trying to cut back to just a couple of beers per night maximum, or 2 glasses of wine rather than a bottle, and I'm going to hold the scotch back for special occasions. There will be exceptions....the night before a day off I may have a few more, but I want to try and cut back overall. Nine days in and I'm staying on track....will it last??

It really is very much a 'habbit' thing for me. If it was there I'd drink it..., if it wasn't, I'd rarely go out to buy more.

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
I obviously did up to 5 years ago when my GP told me to give up completely or you won't last another year....:eek:..

V

·
0 Posts
since New Years day 2012 I have cut right back on the alcohol but I'm now getting through 2L of Diet Coke a day
That is very bad for you. Debateable whether it's worse than the beer but it contains phosphoric acid which is the most corrosive acid known to man. Your teeth won't thank you for it and God knows what it's doing to your insides. Also there is (a source of) phenylananine which is pretty nasty stuff. And quite a high level of caffeine too, which depending on your age and how long you've been drinking it, is liable to give you heart palpitations. Also, after time, that level of acidic drink will possibly leach the calcium out of your bones.

Seriously, I would choose another beer-surrogate or at least, have a variety of surrogates ;).

V

·
0 Posts
As for my own alcohol consumption, I routinely have one pint of beer at lunchtime on weekdays, a couple of glasses of vino on Saturday night, and if I'm not racing on the bike on a Sunday, after a clubrun Team IPA will call into a pub on the way home and have 2,3 or even 4 pints :eek:.

Had a fair bit more than that over the Christmas break, including more port than I care to mention. And now I have to get the weight off! :cry:

V

·
0 Posts
That is very bad for you. Debateable whether it's worse than the beer but it contains phosphoric acid which is the most corrosive acid known to man. Your teeth won't thank you for it and God knows what it's doing to your insides. Also there is (a source of) phenylananine which is pretty nasty stuff. And quite a high level of caffeine too, which depending on your age and how long you've been drinking it, is liable to give you heart palpitations. Also, after time, that level of acidic drink will possibly leach the calcium out of your bones.

Seriously, I would choose another beer-surrogate or at least, have a variety of surrogates ;).
Bloody tasty beverage though

·
Administrator
45,537 Posts
Never really got the hang of drinking at home (unless there's friends round), so I drink a tiny amount.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts