Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do You Stick To Your New Year Resolutions?

I made mine way before New Year and am adamant I'll stick to them.

I try to be realistic. If I said 'I'll cut out chocolate/cakes/flirting' it probably wouldn't happen (although the last one got me into trouble IRL with Hubby last year which I've learnt from although it wasn't actually my fault) :eek: Moving on!

I will be doing more exercise as pretty lazy (already started long walks and have roped a friend in to coming along to yoga).

Spending less on clothes/shoes (see how long that one lasts) :lol:

Working smart. My time is fairly limited in the day so I should be using it much more wisely. Expect to have a new job :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I tend not to make them, although this year weve both said we need to 'do more' and 'talk about doing' less, ive been living in a house with no carpets for 3 years because we talk about getting carpets but never actuallu get them...

B

·
0 Posts
I try to reform throughout the year as it is less of a burden than the shock of all change on the 01st Jan.

I have recently taken up Yoga - I was very surprised at how enjoyable it was - at end of the session the instructor opens the windows of the building (in the link below if it works) and we lay in the dark wrapped in blankets listening to the surf as she rings a tiny bell (that's the best bit).

In the new year, we write resolutions/aspirations for the next 12 months onto post-its and stick them on a big sheet of paper and categorize them into "Must Do", "Would like to do" etc. We then get the sheet out now and again to see what has been done. It's a hoot - some things get forgotten and some get done (and in some cases you forgot you even wrote it down). Sounds lame - but it's quite good.

Redirect Notice

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have recently taken up Yoga - I was very surprised at how enjoyable it was - at end of the session the instructor opens the windows of the building (in the link below if it works) and we lay in the dark wrapped in blankets listening to the surf as she rings a tiny bell (that's the best bit).
Really? Lucky you! A quick lie down at the end with eyes closed is all we do at my class :lol:

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
My New Year resolution was that I wouldn't bother making any, :rolleyes:.

Does that mean that the instant I made it I immediately broke it, :confused: , and if so can I claim the record for the shortest kept resolution, :lol:.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My New Year resolution was that I wouldn't bother making any, :rolleyes:.

Does that mean that the instant I made it I immediately broke it, :confused: , and if so can I claim the record for the shortest kept resolution, :lol:.
I see what you mean..but no, not really as you didn't actually make any actual resolutions :tut: :lol:

I have already almost broken one of mine as am browsing sale dresses while cooking lunch...!

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Broken my 'buy less clothes' one as temptation got the better of me (will call it yet another early birthday present to myself as it's in 2 days) :lol:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I set myself a few targets this time last year and managed to achieve them all, although life didn't turn out quite as I had planned / hoped. I tend to set serious targets that I actually want to achieve, rather than resolutions like giving up chocolate etc.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I'm taking the right steps to stick to mine :cool:

I want to get back in training and get fitter again as due to work etc I've really slacked the last 3 or 4 months. :tut:

Today I ordered a weight bench and some weights (80kg set with bar and dumbells :)), I've also ordered some new boxing gloves which I've needed for ages too :lol:

I was gonna rejoin the gym but I'll be in the same boat as I am now with time/effort, I'm gona stick the bench down at my work yard so I can hit them whenever I want and not care about being clean etc :lol:

Also planning on more cardio/general fitness too. Going for more walks with the Mrs and more running when I'm training! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts