Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank goodness.

It's not like "voices in your head" - it's just that I would find myself thinking intensely about a situation, working through possible dialogues, escalations and actions............then...........SNAP........back to reality and the grouting I was doing....

Shaving used to be a particularly fruitful time for this, but since growing a beard I'm finding the car useful.

I have been known to address the missus on the back of these internal exchanges, and she's left scratching her head wondering what the hell I'm on about.

During a particularly frustrating part of my career, she once woke me up and told me I was chairing meetings in my sleep.

Any other business? No! :(

V

·
0 Posts
You're quite right, your mind is trying to resolve things - zees ees qwuite normal, Meester Steef...you are feeling sleepy, fery sleepy...

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I don't think I do that to any great extent. I call it "what iffing". I've always been ok at sorting things as I need to not filling my head full of stuff that might not happen.

·
Administrator
45,521 Posts
All the time. I'm constantly overthinking things at the best of times.

You should probably try not to do it driving the car though (speaking as someone who falls victim to that on occasion too.)

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm pretty sure we all do it all of the time.

I win so many arguments that way.
I lose so many arguments in reality.
I heard that. :lol:

Ever driven away from a meeting mulling over all of the powerful and overwhelming negotiating arguments that somehow eluded you when faced with your "opponents"?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Not smart enough for that sort of thing, but I do endlessly chat away to myself more and more when doing various tasks in my mundane boring old life.

And, I really do enjoy my verbally audible renditions about this and that, and don't give a fook what folk think about my ramblings.

Full Blown senility? Welcome friend, here I come looking for permanent membership? :D

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I mutter in the garage. I wonder what the neighbours think.

I suspect I've mutated from "angry young man" to "silly old fool".

1 - 20 of 26 Posts