Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... when you were a little nipper at school and you would paint
lots of different colours on a piece of paper and leave it to dry.
Once it had, you would take a black crayon and use it to completely
cover up your painting. When the background was completely
obscured, you'd scrape away at the black to create a new picture
with the background colours showing through :confused:

****ing crap weren't they :rolleyes:

K

·
0 Posts
We didn't do it like that in the north. You did multi coloured crayons in a pattern then painted over it in black and the paint didn't stick to the crayon. They were still crap and your mum would keep them on the fridge (we were posh) door for a few days then claim that the dog had pulled it from the fridge door and ripped it up. When you said "But Mum, we haven't got a dog" your Dad clipped you round the ear and told you not to answer back.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Yes, black and not black ;)
:thumbs::cheese::cheese:

We didn't ever do that at my school as far as I can remember. This means either:

(a) I'm older and we didn't fart about obscuring works of art only to scratch them off later :confused: WTF?
(b) I'm posher and we got on with improving the artistic landcape of Salford and then moved on to the next piece of da Vinci-esque beauty when I was a kid :lol:
(c) we were too poor to waste black paint only to scrape it off, that was for really rich (stupid?) scousers and wannabe southerners.....
:p

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Gave us a block of Saxa salt, and an old table knife to make some sort of shape that was recognizable?

Bit poverty stricken were infant schools then, just cardboard and drawing pins for mobile jointed models. Became quite useful with a roller and spray gun later though. ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Sorry it wasn't drawing pins we used. It was those brass bifurcated paper clips with mushroom heads that were stuck through the holes in sheets of paper to keep them together, remember them?

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Me too. Can't remember when I last saw them though.:lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I remember doing such a thing :)

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Seem to recollect, making tanks,
out of a bobbin, slice of a candle,
rubber band, and two matchsticks,
think we notched the rim of the bobbin too get a grip.
Though my thoughts often lead me into the clouds
nowadays:confused:

John t L..

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
That's right JtheL. Cotton reel tanks, but only one matchstick was the driving force. And those bombs we made from two large coach bolts joined together by a nut in the middle with the space between filled with Swan red match head scrapings.

Parachutes made from big old hankies or something, with a bolt again attached to the cotton lines pinched from mums work box.:D

V

·
0 Posts
I have little flashbacks, little vignettes if you will, where I can remember little scenes from my life, from when I was as young as 6. I remember trying really hard to 'get' reading a clock, and the teacher demonstrating on a large faced example at the front of the class.

I get these little 'scenes' from throughout my life, they just spring to the front of my mind every so often, large as life.

Thanks for conjuring another one up for me Gibbo :).

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I have little flashbacks, little vignettes if you will, where I can remember little scenes from my life, from when I was as young as 6. I remember trying really hard to 'get' reading a clock, and the teacher demonstrating on a large faced example at the front of the class.

I get these little 'scenes' from throughout my life, they just spring to the front of my mind every so often, large as life.

Thanks for conjuring another one up for me Gibbo :).
I have a few of those too. Tieing shoelaces and ribbons is a particularly strong one from early school as is the alphabet and words around the walls at that age.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I remember the crayon and paint pictures. They were actually quite impressive.

I also remember the tanks made out of cotton reels. It should be mentioned that you really needed a wooden cotton reel so that you could cut notches in it for grip. At the time wooden cotton reels were being phased out in favour of plastic ones, so part procurement was a problem. :lol:

I remember playing with a tank in the classroom when I should have been listening to the teacher - a very stern Miss M. (I won't name her in full in case she now drives an Alfa and is lurking on here!) Anyway, she confiscated my tank and put it in her desk drawer and kept it till the end of term. Made me really mad.

V

·
0 Posts
She was secretly playing with your tank when the kids weren't looking!

You couldn't play with a tank in school these days, too aggressive and 'testosterone' :rolleyes:.

V

·
0 Posts
Dogs like that sort of thing, don't they? And then they want to lick your face :vomit:

A cat will always leave a decent amount of time between licking its arse clean and purring in your ear though :lol:.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts