1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Someone turned a GT into a sedan? And fitted a trubo (sic) to the a.l.p.ha. romeo? Must have been a lot of work... And they managed to fit 21-inch mags, painted with just a smear of rubber into the "GT sedan" wheel arches?

Who writes these ads?

I wouldn't touch that 156 with a ten foot pole.

The 145, perhaps, but the 156 ad seems like it was written by someone who cares only about the sound system in the car.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone turned a GT into a sedan? And fitted a trubo (sic) to the a.l.p.ha. romeo? Must have been a lot of work... And they managed to fit 21-inch mags, painted with just a smear of rubber into the "GT sedan" wheel arches?

Who writes these ads?

I wouldn't touch that 156 with a ten foot pole.

The 145, perhaps, but the 156 ad seems like it was written by someone who cares only about the sound system in the car.
I said the same, but said I would ask on the forum about them for his piece of mind.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
That 156 is not that bad for R28k asking price IMHO. 90k km??? The mags are a mix of all sorts, yes but no 21" there. I cannot see turbo-like piping... the intake pipe is still OEM plastic. Yeah very far from spotless, but for R28k you cannot expect perfect... I think if that is the budget it is worth a look and perhaps offer around R22k.

The person writing the add just have no idea

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That 156 is not that bad for R28k asking price IMHO. 90k km??? The mags are a mix of all sorts, yes but no 21" there. I cannot see turbo-like piping... the intake pipe is still OEM plastic. Yeah very far from spotless, but for R28k you cannot expect perfect... I think if that is the budget it is worth a look and perhaps offer around R22k.

The person writing the add just have no idea
That isn't his budget, he just saw a "deal too good to be true" and asked me to ask the wise forums members...

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
That 156 is either a scam or it is owned by someone with no idea, in which case the car will likely have been really badly maintained. I would rather pay R10k or R20k more and get a car that was actually owned by someone who knows what a "trubo" is...

Buying that gold-coloured 156 will be a total leap of faith.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You need google translate to read the 156 add and 21 inch rims that's probably tyres included:biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Well, 21 inch rims, tyres included, will mean the wheels are far too small. The standard diameter for a wheel/tyre on a 156 is about 25 inches, give or take a bit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts