Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
... picking up some of that Bristolian twang Mr G. ?

:lol:

I only talk west country if I'm totally plastered a bit drunk. ;)

P

·
0 Posts
A vaguely northern one. My vowels are deffo northern, but I don't think I have a particular accent.

Unless I start talking to my mom and dad and then I am totally Brummie :lol:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
A mental hybrid of southern, lincs and scouse!

Depends what mood I'm in!

Typical bloomin bird!

S

·
0 Posts
I have often been told when I 1st meet someone that I have a accent, I have been asked if im from Aussie Land and South Africa :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I have often been told when I 1st meet someone that I have a accent, I have been asked if im from Aussie Land and South Africa :lol: :lol:
My Nephew moved from South Wales to South Africa WAY back in 1992, and I can hardly understand a word he says nowdays, especially on the phone. In person I KNOW its him, but on the phone it could be anybody out there. Very weird I can tell you !!!!.....

S

·
0 Posts
My Nephew moved from South Wales to South Africa WAY back in 1992, and I can hardly understand a word he says nowdays, especially on the phone. In person I KNOW its him, but on the phone it could be anybody out there. Very weird I can tell you !!!!.....
Sounds funny :lol:

I am 1/5 South African though so thats why people think it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Interesting. There was a discussion on R4's PM midweek about Kate Winslett not being working class because of her accent.

I knew a girl from near Reading that while not well do spoke really nicely. She was well spoken. It was nice. :)

·
Administrator
45,145 Posts
Wow, this brings back memories. We had a discussion about this back when I first met up with AO chaps. I tried to find the thread, but it was on the OLD AO site I think.
Anyway, the conclusion I believe was that Bobda was a Scouse rouge, AJCarter a cockney wideboy, RicksAlfas a Yorkshire mining type, and I spoke a beautifully lilting Queen's English :D

1 - 20 of 90 Posts