Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... I dont much unless I keep the TV on low volume to lull
me into dreams, just low enough so I can't tell what they are saying

it's a strange thing that I don't think will ever change:):)

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i went for years where i'd put the klf's chill out on the stereo on low vol at bedtime to get me to sleep

not now though - up early for work 5 days a week, get run ragged by the kids when i'm at home and the little un still gets in our bed & wakes us up most nights. so i'm friggin knackered come bedtime and am out like a light

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
not now though - up early for work 5 days a week, get run ragged by the kids when i'm at home and the little un still gets in our bed & wakes us up most nights. so i'm friggin knackered come bedtime and am out like a light
Yep Al, that sounds familiar. I reckon anyone without kids should not be allowed more than 6 hours sleep! My little'n is 3y/o and I don't think in all that time I've had more than a couple of hours sleep before being woken/jumped on! (except when I work away and I'm in bed for 9!)

M

·
0 Posts
I fall to sleep much more easily with the TV on...so I often set it on timer. Otherwise, I select a nice soothing radio station from my phone app, and put that on timer. Generally wake at 5.....nice and refreshed providing I've not woken in the night.

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
For many years I had the radio on all night by my bedside - it was "phone in" programmes and my mind would dip in and out of the content as I slept - it formed part of my dreams. I would also wake up at various points during the night and "Listen".
I was living in London then and working under tremendous pressure.

Now - during the working week - I go to bed at 21.00 and get up at 05.00. I fall asleep within 2-3 minutes and wake up with the alarm. It is 8 hours of peace and I love the dreams that occur during that time. My job is much less stressful these days and my sleep pattern reflects this.

I don't have to get up at 05.00 btw (04.00 in summer) - just love being up when everyone else is sleeping - I read or watch TV then look out of the window as the sun rises whilst the rest of the family are unaware of the impending dawn.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Now - during the working week - I go to bed at 21.00 and get up at 05.00. I fall asleep within 2-3 minutes and wake up with the alarm. It is 8 hours of peace and I love the dreams that occur during that time. My job is much less stressful these days and my sleep pattern reflects this.

I don't have to get up at 05.00 btw (04.00 in summer) - just love being up when everyone else is sleeping - I read or watch TV then look out of the window as the sun rises whilst the rest of the family are unaware of the impending dawn.

that all sounds so peaceful.

used to work some funny shifts in my old holiday job as a student, there's something magical about being out & about at dawn on a summer's morning

E

·
0 Posts
Too much on the mind unfortunately

I know that feeling at the moment. If I do get to sleep OK, I tend to wake at about 4:00 and not get back to sleep becuase thinks just start going round in my head. I've felt exhausted today :(

·
Registered
37,784 Posts
I tend not to get a great nights sleep, especially in the week.

I am a bit of a night owl and have trouble sleeping before about midnight, even when tired.

Then my Daughter usually wakes up at around 6am and we are all up.

6 hours isn't quite enough I need at least 7 or 8 hours a night.

At the weekend I can easily do a 10 or 11 hour sleep to catch up though.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Rarely, ruins the concentration etc abilities during the day too :rant:

Time for change :cool:

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
that all sounds so peaceful.

used to work some funny shifts in my old holiday job as a student, there's something magical about being out & about at dawn on a summer's morning
I agree - at 04.00 on midsummers day I still will walk out into the garden and sit by the oak tree and watch the sun rise.

I have no beliefs btw - am not Pagan or anything so I do not have an agenda here with nature, trees or sun - but trust me - it is so nice just to sit there, take a deep breath in solitude, look around and think - "You know what? - life is ok".

Then you can turn and face the day.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts