Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , :) when i am aloud to drive the wifes gtv, i cant help but feel a bit soppy when i get out of it being 6,1 in height and not a small chap:D the car looks fantastic and must be one of the best looking cars around hence thats why i bought it for her:rolleyes: i wonderd how many blokes drive them:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm about to buy one. I think it depends on colour, size and type of wheel etc.

A dark colour with the 17" teledials and rear spolier looks pretty butch to me

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Obviously only real men drive them :D

TBH I don't think the GTV is really a woman's car, its' width etc gives it a presence similar to that of a supercar. Girlie cars ten do be smaller IMHO :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think it also depends on you 'style'

If you look like Graham Norton, and ponce around outside it, adjusting your hair and skipping and stuff - then yes.

If you look like Tom Selleck in Magnum P.I. and just stare menacingly - then no :D

B

·
0 Posts
:p Not tarty at all,even though I've only got the TS......I always wanted a GTV as they looked so aggressive in the publicity photos.......twas the only Alfa I was willing to trade my 155 in for!

:confused: Strangely I've never been keen on the Spider which DOES look tarty,the sloping back end just isn't right either.....
;) I've driven quite a few Spiders over the years though,and you can pick up the "Is he Arthur or Martha" vibes from other motorists quite distinctly :lol:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
our gtv is silver with the 17 inch teledials and spoiler looks the part:cool: but feel better in my 156, but still feel gay in the gtv;) ;)

B

·
0 Posts
:p 156's are for fat old men & housewives who don't care/know what they are driving :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've never felt particularly gay when driving the GTV. I've certainly never noticed any 'strange' homophobic glances either, though most of the traffic is receding rapidly in the rear view mirror :p

Come to mention it, I can't remember ever seeing a woman driving a GTV.

Comfortable with his sexuality,

Blakie

·
Registered
148 Posts
TBH i only bout my GTV cause me mum owns a spider lol

I think im all about style, class i think i know my cars and they represent me! I dont feel anything bar speed and being happy

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Never considered the GTV to be a 'girls' car TBH

·
Registered
49 Posts
The GTV is no way a girls car, although Julian Clarey has/had one which does sort of rule them out of the butch category too.

The spider on the other hand could be percieved as a girls car quite easily. However its not in the girls car leagues of the MX5, MGF or Vauxhall tigra.

·
Registered
53 Posts
WOW I just can not believe that the spider owners have not taken the bait and responded to the some of the comments on this thread.

But that could be because we know the answer. lol

Never ever thought the spider to be a girls/hairdressers car.

Agree with the MX5, MGF and Tigra comment.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe the answer can be found by knowing the number of female owners on this forum?????????

Just for GTV owners, mind. Would hate to find out there are more female owners of spiders than male.

·
Registered
49 Posts
In fairness sometimes the perception of whether a car is a girls or boys car depends on who you know drives one. In my local town there are three Spiders all owned by women, hence 'girls car'.

But then i think the 147 is a girls car cause the misses has one and i know hundreds of people on this site are going to disagree with that comment.

R

·
0 Posts
The spider never makes me feel gay, nor is it percieved as a girls car by anyone I know. It's far too big to be a girls car and I agree with the comment about the size/presence being more like a supercar. Nor is it tarty, a Tart doesn't drive an alfa.

What a load of tosh about "is he arthur or martha" I've never had that problem. People are usually looking at the car not the driver and I guarantee that the Spider and GTV will turn more heads than most other modern Alfa's.

(Yes I have taken the bait)

B

·
0 Posts
What a load of tosh about "is he arthur or martha" I've never had that problem. People are usually looking at the car not the driver and I guarantee that the Spider and GTV will turn more heads than most other modern Alfa's.

(Yes I have taken the bait)
;) Twas written mostly in jest..........perhaps I should have mentioned that whenever I'm asked to drive a Spider for someone it nearly always turns out to be a example in "Acid green" or similar,with fake chrome rollover hoops and other assorted tat bolted on :rolleyes:

:D I still blow'em a kiss anyway,folk like that sort of thing from a fat bloke with a silly beard apparently.........

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used to own a 156 sportwagon and felt like I needed a screaming wife and baby seat to complete the look - friends always referred to it as a 'family' car, and seeing as I have neither a family nor a wife I felt a bit of a fraud driving it.. until I drove it down to Italy when everyone on the Autoroute has one.

The GTV I drive now is certainly NOT a 'ladies' car - I saw a 'bird' in a silver one the other day and her nose was pressed up against the window and she looked scared.. Mine's Vela Blue with the nice spoiler on the back.. 3.0L V6 - I get a lot of glances from all sorts when I put my foot down, and I feel very lucky to have one. People seem to like the colour too. Not gay at all... and I do sometimes style my hair and wear wrap around sunnies, but still not gay. Spider is a bit more girlie IMHO :D

1 - 20 of 115 Posts