Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do you drive with your lights on, under normal conditions?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Poll. Be gentle.

Ok, so force of habit, during the day, normal conditions, I always drive at least with my side lights on and I've seen lots of other AR's doing the same.

So do you???? :confused:

Tell me!! :rant:

;)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
For some driving at night are 'normal conditions' :confused:

... that's me being gentle :D

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, K!!! :rant:

'Normal conditions' are:
Clear.
Dry.
Reasonable/good visibility.
Daytime.

:p :p :p :p

Now VOTE!!!

;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
What ever are the weather conditions, yes. :)

W

·
0 Posts
Always...usually headlights....even then there's far too many muppets who don't see you :rolleyes:

wrinx

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
I voted other :p
I generally do, since most of my motoring, done at the start and the end of the day, is in slightly dim light at least. To be honest, to a large amount it's probably down to the fantastic lightswitch design on Alfas and Fiats, being able to just leave them on all the time without worrying about them staying on with the engine off is fantastically easy, and I'm probably a bit lazy :D
If the day is properly bright though, and I remember, I will turn them off, and as summer comes and morning and evening are brighter I'll use them less too.
I basically never use sidelights though, either headlights or nothing really.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
I do drive with the lights on when I'm behaving like a maniac, just to be a bit more sure that people will not get in my way. :D

If not driving like that, then they're off.

So I guess that would mean "Other"... :confused:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Stori said:
If you fellows would stop buying dark coloured cars,
then someone might see you without having the lights on ;) :D :cheese:
:cheese: ;) I,m in Trouble then my car is black !

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
wrinx said:
Always...usually headlights....even then there's far too many muppets who don't see you :rolleyes:

wrinx
Wrinx, you keep your headlights on most of the time, not just your sidelights :confused:

General question, isn't this a sure fast way of losing headlamp/ side-lamp life. I can understand bikes doing it for visibility but as Alfa20v said 'Normal conditions, Clear, Dry, Reasonable/good visibility, Daytime'. Why? :confused:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
We in F:land have to drive lights on or the police will come and give us a ticket :(

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
kurzon said:
Wrinx, you keep your headlights on most of the time, not just your sidelights :confused:

General question, isn't this a sure fast way of losing headlamp/ side-lamp life. I can understand bikes doing it for visibility but as Alfa20v said 'Normal conditions, Clear, Dry, Reasonable/good visibility, Daytime'. Why? :confused:
And to answer your question, the lamps can last when always on for several years :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well in Greece the policeman will come and give you a ticket if you keep your lights on during daytime. You are allowed to use them however if the visibility is poor i.e. heavy rain, fog etc. Another thing to watch out for here is if you use the fog lights (spots) when there is no fog. That can easily get you a ticket and there are many guys that do it because it looks :cool: (drive lights and spots on).

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Generally I will drive with the at least the sidelights on (although the sidelights really are rather pathetic). If it is at all misty or the light is failing, I will use the headlights.

As wrinx said, there are too many muppets out there who drive in their own little world.

·
0 Posts
Alfa20V said:
1st Poll. Be gentle.

Ok, so force of habit, during the day, normal conditions, I always drive at least with my side lights on and I've seen lots of other AR's doing the same.

So do you???? :confused:

Tell me!! :rant:

;)
Virtually all the time. Headlamps are no nuisance to anyone, it's foglamps that cause problems, especially in rain when all these prats put them on for some reason.

If it is very sunny I might not bother but they come on with the ignition anyway, and if it is that bright as long as you don't have your full beams on it doesn't make any difference.

In any case whether they are on or not, my invisibility ray keeps kicking in at junctions when I have right of way. Anyone know where the fuse is for it? :rant: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
627 Posts
amyndas said:
Another thing to watch out for here is if you use the fog lights (spots) when there is no fog. That can easily get you a ticket and there are many guys that do it because it looks :cool: (drive lights and spots on).

Only have the side lights on when dusk or a liitle bit grey, -
Amyndas don't get me started on muppets who have their fogs on all the time (seen a couple of 156'ers in Southend driving around with their fogs on :tut: :rolleyes: although one of them did have a rude boy spoiler) If someone is behind me with their fogs on and there's no fog i like to switch on my rear fogs :D How do ya like that!!

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I always drive with my lights on. It's much safer factamundo!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts