Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do You Always Wear Your Seat Belt When You’re Driving Your Alfa?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or indeed any other car?

I do.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Always !!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Yes I do.

For about three years I was a design engineer for a seat-belt manufacturer, so I have a lot of interest in seat-belts even now, some years later.

I've seen a lot of crash tests with sled systems and dummies used to test seat belts. After that, and even knowing that they cannot save injury or lives completely, I do consider I've got a far better chance wearing one.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Yes,

in the Brera and 159 you really don't get the boing option boing not boing to boing as boing there boing is boing this boing annoying boing boing boing noise boing until you do the belt up. Seems to start if you move at more than a few mph..

Ahh the american market.....

Simes.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Without fail :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Always. When I was young, there was a culture of not wearing seat belts, like it being an insult to the drivers skill. I've grown up a bit and always wear my belt. No reason to get pulled and fined for something so trivial, and god forbid I am ever in a real crash, but the things are put there for a reason.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Yes, although I don't always if I'm in the rear of the car :(

E

·
0 Posts
Gary Slegg said:
Yes, although I don't always if I'm in the rear of the car :(
Yeah that is the exception for me too, I don't like lap belts and would rather be flung out the window than cut in half.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Simes said:
Yes,

in the Brera and 159 you really don't get the boing option boing not boing to boing as boing there boing is boing this boing annoying boing boing boing noise boing until you do the belt up. Seems to start if you move at more than a few mph..

Simes.

Boing Boing Boing.
Apparently the dealers can turn it off if you ask them nicely.
;)

H

·
0 Posts
Always :D

But in the Punto I get the boingy boingy option like Simes.

I'd just been the supermarket last week for a few tinnies and a box of wine for Mrs H and I get the boingy boingy boingy tone WTF :confused: MY SEAT BELTS FASTENED.

:rant: Bloody Italian cars with fecking dodgy seat belt waring lights and buzzers :mad:

BOING BOING BOING all the way home. :cry:

Only six months old back to the dealer for you my dear.:rant:

Then he looks down at the passenger seat with the box of wine and six tinnies DOH :rolleyes:

It's telling me I have a passenger :lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:lol:
had that in a Saab hire car once... drove me fecking nuts until I braked hard and the box moved :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a pity some people don't take using a mobile phone as seriously as they do using seat belts. Today from my office I actually saw a woman get in her Mitsubishi Sh**gun, put her belt on, take hold of her mobile and dialed a number, THEN DROVE OFF !! holding the phone in one hand whilst steering round a parked vehicle...I give up.

·
Administrator
60,439 Posts
always, no reason not to belt up.:D Fines are $70 or more for not wearing one. All my cars have shoulder belts, feels safer than my 77's lap belts.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Always wear it and won't move until everyone in the car is buckled up. Been in too many accidents (none my fault of course) to risk going without.

N

·
0 Posts
I've a bad habit of putting it on whilst just when
leaving a car park or my place. :tut: :tut: :tut:
(Difficult to see to pull out otherwise)

Simes said:

Simes.

It's why I got the annoying seatbelt alarm permanently de-activated. ;)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts