Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys was wondering do they do a kit for the GTA? has any body on here had one fitted? I won't be tuning my engine just yet but just getting some options

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
The simple answer was yes! But not anymore as that company was Autodelta who now have closed up shop so won't be able to get them to do it :(

There have been a few people who have SC their GTA and I am sure they will be along soon, also PablossGTA on here had a SC 147GTA before upgrading to a 3.7SC GTA :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yes as said above. And i would love to charge mine, am suprised no one else offers a package...

There is a vid of pauls sc'd beast on youtube somewhere.

Trouble is kit is as much as what a gta would cost to buy now

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah was wondering how much it would cost, was wondering what would be cheaper a 3.8 conversion or sc think the 3.8 is 6k min

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Think it's more like 8k, for that money u could prob supercharge with forged internals and high boost with a much more comprehensive conversion than auto delta offered. With values of gta so low it will have to be a keeper.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you have the basic AD low boost s/c kit it's cheaper than the 3.7/3.8 conversion. If you develop your own like I have it will cost you a fortune having everything fabricated and take a lot of time.
I'm not entirely sure what the AD kit consist of but I bet it's not a lot compared to mine.
I'm sure they are still trading because I'm sure they still have pablos car

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I've seen an AD kit fitted to the 156, looked a little basic, I'm no mechanic but it was a mess.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm sure they are still trading because I'm sure they still have pablos car
:wow: Still???

AD S/C "used" to be about £6k:
Autodelta Shop

Suspect its more now as that site is out of date. And I don't think S/C suit the ethos of the car, I'd rather pay a little more and go with the 3.8 (if I was willing to punt £7k into a car thats only worth around £7k, and wont be worth much more after).

·
Banned
3,532 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
I personally think for the money that a low boost s/c conversion that is geared correctly is the best option and with the rotrex charger and it's linear power delivery it will not feel much different to a N/A engine and you also get usable power through out the whole rev range. With the 3.7/3.8 it will cost a lot more to get that with additional head work, cams, plenums and so on.

I guess it all depends what the individual wants and how much your willing to spend

·
Registered
723 Posts
instead of supercharging surely turbo charging a GTA would be immense and if someone would be prepared to go all out and somehow produce 4 wheel drive with forged internals and a good sized turbo that would be epic!

·
Registered
681 Posts
instead of supercharging surely turbo charging a GTA would be immense and if someone would be prepared to go all out and somehow produce 4 wheel drive with forged internals and a good sized turbo that would be epic!
way too much fabrication, cost and heat to worry about. But would be nice to see

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mate the amount of hassle finding and having bits fabricated plus certain parts of the kit have to come from the USA and Australia because there not made for or sold in the European market it ends up costing too much and if your not buying in quantities to get parts at a reasonable discount the kits end up costing more than the AD kit fitted ! but that is a lot more basic then to what I have developed and I have gone to the extent of custom exhaust manifolds, racing radiator, even changing the plastic engine pulleys to grooved metal ones and a whole load of other stuff. So I have really thought of everything which has brought my cost up even more and still do not know if I will have to uprate the fuel pump until she is on the rollers being mapped.

I guess a different and more basic design like the AD kit could be made for around the £2.5k but I don't have the time or money to start developing another.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I think the hard work will pay off when it's finished And u can enjoy it knowing it's a bespoke one off kit that not many people have worldwide let alone in the uk, no doubt it will probably get more developed and fined tuned over the years.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts