Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these Cloverleaf wheels off of eBay. I like them, well I think I do, it's just that I think they might look better if they were the normal silver alloy colour. What do you think?

I know the 'normal' alloy colour version of these are available, but haven't been able to find a picture of them on a car

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look good to me :)
I did see them listed on ebay and wondered about buying them for winter tyres but decided i havent got the space to store a spare set. :(
I got then for £400 which seemed ok, but I will need new tyres in a few thousand miles. I love the 18's they look so much better, but they aren't as comfortable as the old 16's of course.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It's the angle of the picture.

Don't worry about lowering it. We have the 5 hole 18s and they look smart at standard height and so do yours. They look awesome, so much better than the 16s!

·
Registered
34,407 Posts
It's the angle of the picture.

Don't worry about lowering it. We have the 5 hole 18s and they look smart at standard height and so do yours. They look awesome, so much better than the 16s!
I think it's the lack of the side skirt from the Veloce enhanced by the dark colour.My Car is a Lusso in Alfa red with titanium chrome 18s so the effect is that the sill looks less in shadow than the metallic.It looks clean without the extra bodykit bit.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Thanks! I'm not sure about lowered cars, sometimes it works, sometimes it just looks all wrong to me.

Is the Cloverleaf lowered?
Yes the cloverleaf has lower suspension height.
The side skirts on the Veloce do give the illusion of being lower than a lusso though.
Yours looks ok though as it is, and as long as you are happy then that is all that matters :)

·
Registered
34,407 Posts
There are also Alfa Lineaccesorie sills which are part of a pack including front and rear spoiler parts.The sills include the bottoms of the doors so probably only work with the front spoiler and rear diffuser but can be left in black plastic.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Yokohama 18s might solve your ride comfort concern. They have a special sidewall design.
These are heavy tyres and will actually make the ride worse rather than better! Your best bet is to find a light tyre made with soft rubber - Pirelli's are a good compromise. Cheaper tyres tend to use a harder rubber compound and will make the ride worse. Your best bet is to talk to your local tyre dealers, ask their advice and see what deals they can do for you. Then check on the internet - if you can get tyres fitted cheaply, Camskill are good.

·
Registered
34,407 Posts
I researched on-line prices for my Pirellis and went to the local tyre place who matched Event tyres which I was about to go with.So its worth asking.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sold the wheels in the end. I decided that they didn't work well enough. I got a set of these (£450 on eBay, not from alfaaccesories) and I like them.

Alfa Giulietta Alloy Wheel Kit | Genuine Alfa Accessories

So, that means that I now have a set of the original 16 inch alloys for sale that came with the car. They are on eBay if anyone is interested (sorry I can't deliver).

If advertising is not allowed on here, apologies!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts