Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've had four now (145, 166, 156, 159) and every one has steamed up when parked up in cold weather.

No evidence of water entry anywhere, just steamed up windows. And it's a real pain, because it takes so long to demist the damn things when you start the car up in the morning - and I don't like leaving the diesel running to do this.

I think I'm going to have to resort to wiping the windscreen:cry:

E

·
0 Posts
I haven't had that problem with my 156. You don't have the AC on recirculate by accident?

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Fraser ... Brave thread me thinks:)

Yes all the alfa's that i have owned have done that ... It is a pain alright:mad:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Once the car is warmed up, the Ti with it's vis pack bits & bobs does a great job of keeping everything clear.

In the GT today, I had to override the full auto setting from time to time to keep the screen & side windows clear.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
My 156 doesn't steam the windows up unless people with wet clothes get in and the heating goes on..

My Mondeo, however, steams the windows up at the drop of a hat, but both front and rear windscreens are heated so I just flick them on and it soon cures it. Heated front windscreen is great for frost too, can't believe a £400 banger has one and most new cars costing a hundred times that much don't..

H

·
0 Posts
Two GTV's and the GT do it but it clears pretty quick on full auto clear in the GT :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Depends what you're up to in yours fraser ;) :thumbs:

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
Only if i'm parked up in the car for a bit.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
When it's cold (+3.5 or below IIRC) the aircon doesn't actually work.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Can't say I have noticed this in any of my Alfas. Wifes Punto is really bad for it though.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
mine do when i go dogging

1 - 20 of 46 Posts