Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking through the Autotrader Classified when to my surprise I saw my old Alfa for sale (PX’d over 2 Years ago for a measly sum of £1000).

To my horror I noticed it was up for sale for £4000 and with 74,000 miles on the clock (Strange! As when I Px’d it, it had over 105,000 on the clock!) CHEEKY B*&tards!!!!

Not only that it had a damaged wing and to top things off the cambelt was shagged and so was the turbo! Oh and another thing all the glow plugs will need hell coils as some numpty at my local garage cross threaded every single one.

What should I do now? Should I contact the local Police or Trading Standards as I’ve got all the proof to hand?

Oh the link to the page is:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rice-from/3000/page/4/sort/priceasc&logcode=p

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Link doesn't work but if its a trader you should contact Trading Standards.

It is possible, but unlikely, that all the jobs have been done but at the very least it has been clocked. If not by the seller then someone after you sold it.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Did you get the number plate right?

A lot of cars from the same garage woulda had similar number plates.. maybe this isn't your one after all?

Ralf S.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's definatley my car.

Contacted Trading Standards today who are investigating the matter.
I tried calling DVLA and the garage but due to the weather I couldn't get hold of anyone.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Would be interesting to know what the MOT records show.....

G

·
The difficulty is proving who actually did the clocking, unless the garage has fiddled MOT certs. Often these investigations end up in a blind alley, but lets hope somebody gets collared for it. Its common and they are barstewards

AlfaLincs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts