Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a year-old Guilia Quad. Dealer has no user manual, no maintenance/warranty booklet. I know there was some talk about doing away with printed versions of such documents. Does anyone here know, based on personal experience, if the 2017 Guilia came with a PRINTED owner's manual and warranty booklet? THANKS in advance!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does anyone here know, based on personal experience, if the 2017 Guilia came with a PRINTED owner's manual and warranty booklet? THANKS in advance!
My 2017 Veloce did. Although frankly I tend to use the online versions. But you should surely get a hardcopy service record?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I am buying a year-old Guilia Quad. Dealer has no user manual, no maintenance/warranty booklet. I know there was some talk about doing away with printed versions of such documents. Does anyone here know, based on personal experience, if the 2017 Guilia came with a PRINTED owner's manual and warranty booklet? THANKS in advance!
Mine did in March '17. Though several editions older than the one available to download from the Mopar site at the time I took delivery.

Andy

·
Registered
407 Posts
Of course it did. How could you otherwise make a warranty claim? HPI clear? Accident category? Be very careful. Who is the official FCA dealer and what is the VIN/registration? All of my new Alfas, from 1980 and including my 01/09/2017 GIUlia Veloce, have been MAIN DEALER delivered with a printed pack and PDI check sheet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Very fishy. What's their excuse? If the previous owner cared so little they lost the manual and service book then what else didn't they care about? Be careful.. It's an incredible car but I would run a mile from one that's been abused or owned by an idiot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course it did. How could you otherwise make a warranty claim? HPI clear? Accident category? Be very careful. Who is the official FCA dealer and what is the VIN/registration? All of my new Alfas, from 1980 and including my 01/09/2017 GIUlia Veloce, have been MAIN DEALER delivered with a printed pack and PDI check sheet.
This Quad has ~ 6300 miles on odo, bought at auction in GA by ToyBarn and offered by ToyBarn, Dublin OH. ToyBarn has a good reputation, but having no owner's manual, warranty insert etc., along with a missing key fob (~$500 for the last) are all turn-offs.

On the other side of equation, the car appears very, very nice -- I spent two hours combing-over it today (after printing out most of the owner's manual on-line) and will drive it tomorrow. They will also put it up on a rack for me to view the underside.

(Maybe I'll drive it to the Alfa dealer and ask them.)

Anyhow: VIN#ZARFAEAV0H7535269.

Thanks to all who responded so quickly and so knowledgeably. Additional post welcome!

·
Registered
301 Posts
This Quad has ~ 6300 miles on odo, bought at auction in GA by ToyBarn and offered by ToyBarn, Dublin OH. ToyBarn has a good reputation, but having no owner's manual, warranty insert etc., along with a missing key fob (~$500 for the last) are all turn-offs.

On the other side of equation, the car appears very, very nice -- I spent two hours combing-over it today (after printing out most of the owner's manual on-line) and will drive it tomorrow. They will also put it up on a rack for me to view the underside.

(Maybe I'll drive it to the Alfa dealer and ask them.)

Anyhow: VIN#ZARFAEAV0H7535269.

Thanks to all who responded so quickly and so knowledgeably. Additional post welcome!
Is it still on it's original tyres (tires for you!)? At 6300 it should be over half way through it's first set if it has had a normalish life judging on people's experience here (around about 10k a set?) In the UK and I think all of Europe the car comes with Pirelli Pzero corsas - I presume it will be the same in the USA? Look for the 4 digit date stamp on the tyres - if the date is after the car was first sold then you can presume it has had a hammering and already got through the first set.

Oh and... how much was it??!!

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
Note that you can order the printed manuals as a "spare part". I would at minimum get the dealer to order these.....

THey should definitely come with the car !

·
Registered
445 Posts
Maybe a repo - only managed to get one key off the original owner who still has the manuals.

Make sure they delete the missing key from the system in the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in the US, and my 2017 QV came with a manual. I have yet (and do not plan) to break open it's plastic shrink wrap. I use a pdf that I downloaded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the info, I didn't know that there is a U.S. forum and a U.K. forum, thanks. Good tip on tire wear, they check out sensibly suggesting the tires are original and the tread is about half-gone. Absent key fob and owner's manual? A Re-po? Maybe, who knows? One oddity is that the insurance company tells me that the VIN indicates that the car is AWD or 4-wheel drive. Looks like another oops out of the DC swamp! Thanks again all!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the info, I didn't know that there is a U.S. forum and a U.K. forum, thanks. Good tip on tire wear, they check out sensibly suggesting the tires are original and the tread is about half-gone. Absent key fob and owner's manual? A Re-po? Maybe, who knows? One oddity is that the insurance company tells me that the VIN indicates that the car is AWD or 4-wheel drive. Looks like another oops out of the DC swamp! Thanks again all!
I love that folks are active enough on this site to provide prompt info. smarty156 wrote that I am on the U.K. forum. I looked about the site and can't find how to get on the U.S. forum. Ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love that folks are active enough on this site to provide prompt info. smarty156 wrote that I am on the U.K. forum. I looked about the site and can't find how to get on the U.S. forum. Ideas? Thanks in advance!
I'll called AlfaUSA about the VIN -- they are trying to fix what appears to have been a mis-report to the U.S. federal folks. We'll see what happens and I'll let folks know. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
its not that either forum is aimed at a particular country i don't think, its just this one seem to be populated by mostly UK folks, with a fair smattering of Europeans and ANZACS with the odd yank, but this forum:

Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

seems to be populated by mostly americans. i think that was what Smarty was referring to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its not that either forum is aimed at a particular country i don't think, its just this one seem to be populated by mostly UK folks, with a fair smattering of Europeans and ANZACS with the odd yank, but this forum:

Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

seems to be populated by mostly americans. i think that was what Smarty was referring to.
The "missing" key fob (still wrapped as new) and operators manual set appeared in the Parts Dept. of Toy Barn the day I picked up the car. An example of one hand not knowing what the other was doing. Thanks for all the help!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts