Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Unfortunately, the people that read this thread will be self selecting to an extent and the point of Cav winning will possibly pass them by.

As is typical of him, the first thing he mentioned was the team, without whom it would have been very difficult/impossible; good lad, so pleased for him. I recently heard that track bikes for team GB cost around £200K a piece. WOW. some bikes.

V

·
0 Posts
Cav got 50% of the votes, that's pretty stunning!

Yes, he always (quite rightly) bigs up his teammates for controlling a race or for making a leadout train for him but what he won't tell you is that he is the best and fastest natural sprinter of modern times - when he kicks, and kicks again if necessary, no-one can touch him. He has an awesome talent (I use that word advisedly).

It was quite funny seeing Lord Sugar bigging him up on SPOTY, they're pretty well neighbours now from what I can make out. My spies have seen both of them riding round the lanes of Essex (not with him though, he rides with Alex Dowsett from Basildon). Sugar has been seen taking his mid-ride tea in a café just round the corner from me - I wonder if he'll gift me his old Pinarello when the next new model comes out? :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
You're right JTL, he is a humble guy, who also wears his heart on his sleeve. He's learnt not to be so gobby now, he used to get into a bit of trouble because of that and of course the media would play on it. He's still only 26, I'm wondering just how much he can win and what records he can break. I think he could be a contender for some of the early season Classics like The Ghent-Wevelgem and the Tour of Flanders - he's already won Het Volk. They're big one-day races as opposed to stage races like the Tour.

Here are the votes:

Mark Cavendish 169,152 (49.47%)

Darren Clarke 42,188 (12.34%)

Mo Farah 29,780 (8.71%)

Luke Donald 23,854 (6.98%)

Andy Murray 18,754 (5.48%)

V

·
0 Posts
Indeed, and it's been a source of embarrassment for the BBC but it's not really their fault - the contenders are chosen by a straw poll amongst sports editors from around 30 publications (newspapers and magazines etc), seen as being a hands-off way of getting a good cross-section of sporting talent. But of course you're then reliant on what these editors come up with! This method is now being reviewed as you'd expect after such a public outcry.

V

·
0 Posts
According to The Sun there were no 'good-looking birds with big knockers' this year, worthy of being included in the list :rolleyes: :lol:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts