Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

nice easy one, do the lower wishbones creak loudly once they're done? I got in my Brera 2.4jtdm the other morning, and its developed a horrendous creaking (seemingly overnight?) when driving on bumpy roads, and when turning the wheels while stationary. I instantly thought wishbone joints are shot at, and having only just replaced the uppers at the beginning of the year with Lemforders, I assumed the lower left needed replacing.

The only reason I'm asking, is that I read a post on hear yesterday suggesting the lowers don't make a creaking noise, just the uppers? that cant be right can it?

Just to rule out anything else, i've had the wheel of, and cant see anything else obvious under there, the right hand side isn't making any noise, just the left on rough roads, and turning when driving slow or stationary......its bloody loud though!

many thanks in advance

Martin

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,286 Posts
The "having only just replaced the uppers at the beginning of the year" quote is the clue to me. Seen many uppers creaking a few months after fitting. Incorrect torque and poor, none, or incorrect lubrication I suspect are the main causes. A friend had a similar issue with new uppers...they were dry as nuns chuff! Bit of red rubber grease sorted it. Personally I've never seen creaky lowers...but I know it happens.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've had a creaky lower wishbone. It would creak when dry, but not when went. Had it replaced as it sounded awful.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts