Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: IV'E Got a major headache as you know the probs i had with the 75.well its fork in the road time.On the left is the 75 needs sorting out to get a mot,needs a respray and i would love to fit the evo bumper kit on it, the last two could wait mot it and im back on the road possible minor damage to wallet.On the right is my stepfront stripped down to just a shell sills may need re-doing front scuttle pan H/B suspension engine rebuild on 1300,new brake pipes etc lights etc gearbox may need sorting interior re upolstered refit the wide arches that came with it then there is the wheels and tyres 9" on rear 8" on the front when all thats done down to vosa for the scoring then re apply for reg plate and documents,mot it :eek: forgot about respray as well and what ever else is needed to do a total rebuild,ahh crap forgot on the 75 gearbox will need to be rebuilt again even though its done less than 600 miles on the new rebuild.:cry: wanna keep both but nothing gettin done commonsense says left but that horrible little voice says stepfront go on you know you want,"its doing it now talking softly" why why ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannot make my mind up.Anyone else got the same problem or had and what did you do about it...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
&5 is more off a classic car. Restore and restore it well. Its what im going to do. Will take time to save money and take time to get it done. But when its done it will be ace.:)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aint gonna get much for them,won't have enough money for even one then see thats the final crux:(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
In your situation I'd keep the 75 and look to offload the 105 to someone who can breath the life into it that it deserves.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cleared 2 but still 3 only have max of 5 but it says i have ten somewhere but im not allowed to go to bullitin board to see them ?????

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
It will be easier get parts for the 105 and it will be worth more in the end.

I prefer to pay the bit extra for a car that has already been restored but you realise you never get your money back from restoration jobs.

It may be necessary to do the basics to the 75 to be even able to sell it.

If you think you have problems though try managing 6 classics. :eek:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you lucky dowg,having six you got the other half well sweet,whats the secret so i can turn the charm on mine to keep both:cheese:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts