Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a really stupid question, but here goes ...

The 07 159 I bought came with all the blue&me manuals and has the box with usb port / windows badge in the glove compartment. So, does it have blue&me installed ?

I know. really stupid. The reason I ask is because it does not respond, at all (entirely separate thread). The dealer said it did, but obviously didn't check it. They are going to look at it for me and endeavour to fix it, but now I'm getting twitchy that it doesn't actually have it. I'm working on the assumption that not even alfa are mad enough to put the box in with powered usb port and include the manuals if its not really 'installed' ... :lol:

Anyone care to put my mind at some sort of rest ... ? alternatively please have a good laugh at the extreme daftness of my question below :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I'm working on the assumption that not even alfa are mad enough to put the box in with powered usb port and include the manuals if its not really 'installed' ...
You'd be surprised!

I seem to recall reading somewhere that some cars did get a media player function without getting Blue&Me. Have you tried plugging anything into the port, like a memory stick or mp3 player to see if it will play music?

You might want to try the B&M reset which might get it to respond if it actually exists. Disconnect the battery earth for ten minutes or so.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. tried plugging in a mp3 to play music. Still nothing. I'm gonna be annoyed if its not there. It was advertised as having it ...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
If you press the voice button on the steering wheel and say 'help' the B&M lady will talk to you....if she is there!

The USB doesnt appear unless its fitted (usually)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried all that. Just the sweet sound of silence. Something is definitely wrong with it. Time to give the dealers a hurry up I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts