Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GT is now nearly totally sorted. No creaks or rattles other than the dash, which I can live with.

However, I have a high pitched squeak in the car. It seems to come from the passenger seat side of the car, and has a frequency of something that is suspended rather than rubbing, or maybe something suspended rubbing on something else.

I have tried turning the stereo up, but once you are tuned to the squeak, it is relentless :mad:.

Anyone had this or any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

DK

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Not the seatbelt mounts next to the handbrake rubbing on seat?

This only squeaks if you have leather seats though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same - I think it's the "lumber Support adjuster" - It drives me crazy aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh.. Tried squirting gallons of silicone spray behind the adjuster knob but to no avail. Just try turning the adjuster on the side of the chair slightly and you will hear it .........it moves slightly everytime you move in the seat ie going over bumps or rough road surfaces.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Hmm, high pitched continual squeak that you can't drown out with the stereo. Sound like my better half!!:lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's.

I do not think it is the lumbar support, because I have had an issue with the passenger seat, and the whole thing has been replaced in bits and the sound has been constant, so i don't think it’s that.

The seat belt clip, definitely not as the sound is not directly next to me when i drive.

I thought it might be the seat belt in the 'b' pillar though, but can't replicate it when stationary.

As for the rattles, the main one was the boot lid, but Lombarda repaired it. How? I don't know but it is silent. other than that silicone grease has been used around the air vents at the front, and rubber bung's replaced at the rear and on the shelf. Hope this helps.

DK

PS. Joss, I let the wife know that....

... by phone. I'll let you know her response ;) :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the reply's.

I do not think it is the lumbar support, because I have had an issue with the passenger seat, and the whole thing has been replaced in bits and the sound has been constant, so i don't think it’s that.

The seat belt clip, definitely not as the sound is not directly next to me when i drive.

I thought it might be the seat belt in the 'b' pillar though, but can't replicate it when stationary.

As for the rattles, the main one was the boot lid, but Lombarda repaired it. How? I don't know but it is silent. other than that silicone grease has been used around the air vents at the front, and rubber bung's replaced at the rear and on the shelf. Hope this helps.

DK

PS. Joss, I let the wife know that....

... by phone. I'll let you know her response ;) :lol:

I had a similar problem with an old Fiat Uno that I used to have and I couldn't find the problem when stationary. Best solution is to have a friend sit at the back and while driving (CAREFULLY) :) ask the to identify the where the sound comes from. :D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
remove the seat & see if the noise goes away

1 - 10 of 10 Posts