Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do geese ever get lost David P?

Had a big "V" of geese flying over the other day and as they approached they put up some pigeons that had been roosting. Long story short the lead goose headed into the flock of pigeons and they all proceeded in a westerly direction while the rest of the geese veered off south (to avoid the pigeons) and left their former leader to it.

Is he likely to turn up on my doorstep asking to borrow my AA map book?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
How would you know if they did ?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
They certainly ain't bright...
Driving back from a race meeting once in the truck,the 3 of us spotted one flying at low level
across a field heading in our direction ..
We were all fascinated watching it until the windscreen went crack as we hit it side on :eek:

I'll never forget the face on that goose as long as I live :lol:

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
No.

Do go on..
Right....

It was on a winter sunday afternoon in the park probably 9 or so years ago now.....

Took the kids to the park and up stream of the lake is a favourite gathering place for families to feed the ducks and geese etc.

We were just walking past when a bit of a calamity didst start. A canada geese that was a bit keen for a feed had got it's head caught in gap between two edging stones (main body / legs still in the water)

It was in a bit of a pickle and getting a bit upset :(. A few folk were shouting '' get the ranger'' :rolleyes: like ya can find one in the moment of need :eek:

So I stepped forward ....rolled my sleeves up and proceded to the untrained eye.... what appeared to be the technique for stretching it's neck :eek: :lol:

I had to pull it's head towards me and then lift it upwards to free it. During this delicate operation said geese was flapping it's wings quite vigourously creating quite a splash of durty brown water all over me.

It was a successful mission and the crowd that had gathered I thnk were suitably impresed :eek:

;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts