Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the mistaken impression that all comprehensive insurance polices covered new for old during the first year of a new/pre registered cars.
I checked today for the wee one who has signed her life away buying a non alfa car and found out that this was not the case on her policy.

Years ago with a federation policy there was a 2 year younger enhancement if the car was a total loss for cars covered up to 8 years old.

Anyone with any knowledge if I am mistaken or it depends on the policy.

Pomeo

an afore ony wise cracks ..this is a seeeeious matter:lol:

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ken. I huv jist answered my ain ? as IF the advice the day is correct then NO .Not all comp cover new fur auld in the furst year of life in a new motor.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok then.Simplified ?
Can anyone ,esp ins experts , advise what companies IF any do provide new for old in the first year of comp cover fir a new car.
And possibly list those that dont do it.
Pomeo

·
Vendor
307 Posts
I've checked a cross-section of our Comp policies and they all include new for old replacement in the first 12 months. It was always our impression that this was standard.

Maybe the low end budget type companies have stripped that out to get their prices so low?

Be interesting to have a list of companies or policies that don't include that cover.

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked a cross-section of our Comp policies and they all include new for old replacement in the first 12 months. It was always our impression that this was standard.

Maybe the low end budget type companies have stripped that out to get their prices so low?

Be interesting to have a list of comapnies or policies that don't include that cover.
Thanks Chris yer a Star.
I thought I was asking a hard ? & thanks so much fir taking the time out to answer my wuery.
If I get time Ill post my experiences when insurance like life was Osts so simple
Without doubt a list as you suggest would be beneficial as with all the snsll orint involved no two policies are ever the same.Past experience wie Saga. They only guarantee like for like and not better policies

Pomeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts