Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any such thing?
most manafacturers do some sort of limited edition, do Alfa?:confused:

and are there any limited paint options? ive got an Azzurro Novola 156 sw (apparently) i just thought it was pearlescent.:)

is there a rarer than hens teeth model which everyone covets.

as you can see im a newbie here, but my brains like a sponge:D

·
Registered
890 Posts
There have been many limited editions.

Homologation racing cars from back in the day like the 105 GT, Alfetta GTV Turbodelta and the 75 Evoluzione. There was also the ES30, although I'm not sure if that was capped production, or as many as they wanted to sell, I think there were 1300-ish all up. There were also limited runs of the 2600 Spider, 2600 Zagato and Montreal, but they weren't marked out as limited editions.

More recently there was the GTV Cup, of which I think there were 500, and the 8C Competizione is a limided edition of 500 cars. I'm sure there are loads of others, but that's all I've got -top of the head.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would have been surprised if their wasnt any limited editions to be honest, but i just like to know these things:)
and as yet i havent seen any sportswagons in the same colour as mine................. which makes me feel special. lol:p

G

·
Alfas "limited" editions of the more modern models are often end of line or base models...such as GTV Cup, 146 "junior" or 147 Ti (applies to UK).

wrinx

·
Registered
32,442 Posts

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Don't knock it.. there's six separate colour coats in that Nuvola blue, and lacquer on top. It's a real ***** to paint apparently.

Ltd Editions are normally the domain of volume manufacturers who want to pep up sales of a particular model or derivative in their range, normally at the end of a model's life.

The latest Alfa Ltd Edition is the 147 Collezione (leather as standard) - I'd guess they want to keep the '47 moving along as it's getting on a bit now. With such low volumes anyway, I don't think we'll see too many Ltd Editions from Alfa. As you say, there's so few of the regular cars that they may each be considered "rare".

I only heard about one special paint option. Some fella managed to blag a Zoe yellow GTV coupe. This colour was not a UK option (only on the Spider). Matey managed to get himself a RHD factory-painted one, somehow.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Wasn't there also a red iridiscent paint at some point?

It looked rather good from what I recollect (though not sure what models it was offered on...)
Yes. On the 156 GTA. Mica red rings a bell but I don't know if that's correct. It's sort of orangey-browny-red. I don't like it myself, but it's certainly striking!
:eek:
Wasn't the white on the 147 GTA also an iridescent colour as well?
:confused:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Chrispy said:
There was also the ES30, although I'm not sure if that was capped production, or as many as they wanted to sell, I think there were 1300-ish all up.

More recently there was the GTV Cup, of which I think there were 500, and the 8C Competizione is a limided edition of 500 cars. I'm sure there are loads of others, but that's all I've got -top of the head.
There were about 1036 SZs and about 284 RZs, so you're right - about 1320 altogether.

Personally, I don't think the SZ/RZ or 8C are limited editions, I think they're limited production runs.

A limited edition to me is a slightly different version of a standard production car, like the 147 TI or Collezione, or the GTV Cup, or the 155 Silverstone. Can't think of any others, though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.