Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
in the last couple of months i have a general error indicator sign. when connected the car to the fault reader in the garage, they said its a malfunction with the DNA switch and it needs to be replaced (silver switch next to driver seat).
i don't have any technical issues, DNA switch is working OK and i can switch between modes.

1. Any link to this part to buy online? catalog number?

2. Did someone replace this switch by himself? can this job be done at home or only at the garage?

GQV 2014.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Hi,
Does a new DNA switch need a proxy alignment? I once read that you needed to do it for a power window's switch on the 147?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can i replace this switch alone or do i need to go to a garage?
Someone know how to replace this switch?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Hi Adidas!
Sadly you are a long way away from any of us that can help you, if you are in Israel. First things first get yourself an Elm327 interface

https://www.mintymelons.co.uk/best-...-scanner-elm-327-usb-obd2-scan-free-shipping/

Then get the latest software from Multiecuscan - Diagnostics software for Italian cars about £50 and you will be in a much better place than trusting all the chancers! These two bit's of kit will give you acces to most of the cars ECU's but to top it all off you will need this or the equivalent https://www.amazon.co.uk/FiatEcuScan-MultiEcuScan-complete-adapter-cable/dp/B00KF6JO1U I do all my own maintenance using this or very similar stuff.

I'm not in any way connected to any of these companies but I can only give praise for the equipment and software that allows me to save a lot of money fixing my car on my own.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help, but actually i already have the diagnosis. Last time i was at the garage i asked them to check the yellow error indication and they told me its the DNA switch that needs replacement.

So... I ordered it online (for a cheaper price) and now im checking if i can replace it by myself or need to get it sorted in the garage.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Once you have the new one it should be possible to work out how it is fitted from the tangs it has, it might be just a case of using a plastic trim tool, or similar, to prise it up.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Hi,
If you buy what I listed you won't need the garage, it makes it possible to do a lot of things yourself. You can download a free unregistered version of MES and you will see what is possible in the simulation mode. It really will save you some money!

If you need any help with the software there's a lot of people on here that can help as well as the MES author. I've been using various versions of the software for about 8 years, . It will cost you between £75 and £100 to get everything you need.I'm not connected to them in any way at all but it has saved me hundreds of pounds on garage bills and it can be used on Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Lancia, and Suzuki vehicles!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts