Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first alfa mito 2012..
Got 1 issue right now .. when I bought like 2 days ago from someone the dna was fone and working today I got it and it also was fine ... but later today its stopped working and got this msg " dynamic /weather unavailable " ... any1 can tell me what I should do is there a fix ?
Btw i got to do engine check tomorrow hopefully .. also is it possible to ask for a site to order parts for the car ? Like the door handle

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
First thing to check is the state of the battery. Has the car been idle for any length of time?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
First thing to check is the state of the battery. Has the car been idle for any length of time?
New battery and it wasnt idle
Also forgot to mention its works before I start the car with just having the switch on .. but then when the car actually start it giving me and unavailable error

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
In that case, you'll have to connect it to an OBD scanner to see what error codes have been logged. There are many possible causes.
It's possible that clearing the errors codes with the scanner might be sufficient. It's more likely that at least one error code will be persistent
Good luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
My bet is that a root cause might be faulty wiring (soleinoid&accelerometer) either right or left side in front. This will cause DNA to stay on N (no D or All Weather available). I have repaired wiring loom on both sides at least twice in 4 yrs. Frosty weather and Italian electricity does not fit together 😉 or bad quality wires. Anyway, have your error codes read first. It will tell you where to start searching.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bet is that a root cause might be faulty wiring (soleinoid&accelerometer) either right or left side in front. This will cause DNA to stay on N (no D or All Weather available). I have repaired wiring loom on both sides at least twice in 4 yrs. Frosty weather and Italian electricity does not fit together 😉 or bad quality wires. Anyway, have your error codes read first. It will tell you where to start searching.
Yhh I'll do it hopefully this monday and check the error codes .. thanks alot for helping out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I just dod oil change and checked the error code I had p0068 I reset the codes and now the dna is working 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
62 Posts
Glad you sorted it out :). Just monitor behaviour of your car if the DTC happen to show up again. There are some explanations for P0068 in the net. Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts