Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rarely drive in any other mode than D. But every time I switch off and then power up, the selector is in its default N position. Can this be overridden so that the last used mode is remembered upon power up (in my case D)? I know it's a small detail, but would love to know if this is possible.

·
Registered
886 Posts
You probably have MY2019 with new DNA type switch. In this case it will always deafult to N after startup.

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
both the switch and it's action are different.... The old switch was simply a mechanical switch, the new one is a can node....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both the switch and it's action are different.... The old switch was simply a mechanical switch, the new one is a can node....
The car is a Stelvio Milano 2018 model.
I am posting on the Giulia forum as I assume they are the same switches.

The DNA switch is the type with the letters invisible unless powered up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is the same, always defaults to N upon startup. No problem, not sure you'd want D to head out of the garage?!

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
apparently it's related to engine type. All e6d engines have the new monostable selector

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
My 2010 Guilietta always defaults to N, my 2017 Guilia stays where the switch is, do the new cars have a bistable switch like the Guilietta?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mine is the same, always defaults to N upon startup. No problem, not sure you'd want D to head out of the garage?!
I normally drive my early Quadrifoglio in D and will generally park it the garage left in D.

No problems driving it out in D.

The new design switch which defaults to N on start-up is a logical change, but I've had no concerns with the original design one.

Andy

·
Registered
290 Posts
Can the older switch be retrofitted to the newer cars? Or is the bigger issue the coding that will be needed?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Can the older switch be retrofitted to the newer cars? Or is the bigger issue the coding that will be needed?
As the new switch is connected to the CANBUS and the old one wasn't, it seems most unlikely to be feasible.

Andy

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
Can the older switch be retrofitted to the newer cars? .....?
No idea, but I doubt it as the new switch is, as said, a CAN node whereas the old switch is simply a mechanical switch switching resistance values, so the interface would be different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts