Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a 156 2.4 20v i think it has a dmf problem does anyone know if a fiat coupe 20v turbo flywheel will fit

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Ive read in a previous post on these forums (accessed via google ) stating it fits.Ive also friend who is breaking a fiat 20v with flywheel but im looking to keep it for myself cos ive recently bought a 2.4 jtd.

·
Vendor
45,819 Posts
It will bolt up to the crank but I don't know what clutch you'd use with it, I can't imagine the 20VT clutch or a GTA clutch will be compatible with the F40 box because they both use an external slave cylinder and a normal release bearing, the 2.4 20v uses a concentric slave cylinder/release bearing. Maybe try and find out what clutches are used in Vauxhalls fitted with the F40 box and a solid flywheel, and try the one closest in size but no bigger than the 20VT clutch. Maybe a clutch & concentric slave from the 2.2 SRI? You may need to get an engineering shop re-drill the flywheel to the correct bolt pattern of whatever pressure plate you use as I doubt it would be the same as a 20VT pressure plate, but that won't cost too much.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
just seen this......"i think it as a dmf problem" what makes u think that? dmfs rattle when going....what problems have you got matey? its a massive job on them

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just seen this......"i think it as a dmf problem" what makes u think that? dmfs rattle when going....what problems have you got matey? its a massive job on them
no real problem just a slight metalic noise when the clutch pedal is released.The car has got a vibration when driving but new driveshafts are required

1 - 11 of 11 Posts