Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have people here made a DIY undertray for the 3.2L 159? Would it be the same as for the other models?

Either way, I am looking for a dimensioned drawing or CAD file in order to fabricate one myself.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I have a new one custom made I think came from Poland when I take it out of the box I would be happy to take some pictures or if you are anywhere near Kent be happy if you wanted to take some detailed measurements?

Nick

·
Registered
63 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Its heavy too weights 12kg. Pretty sure aluminium. Should serve more like a lower brace for the subframe, not that it needed it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's very heavy!

Does look good tho

I plan to make one out of sheet stainless
I think its probably steel if its 12KG, I would like to make one out of thin stainless also.

Please let me know if you end up getting any measurements of the shape, screw hole positions and anything else.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Depending where you are in the country there is a metal fabricator near me in Worcester that can scan and reproduce the undertray in stainless/aluminium

·
Registered
239 Posts
Be interesting to see what that metal fabricator charges? for those wanting to do it themselves aluminium would be a better call.
Although stainless is a better shout it can be quite hard to cut especially with curves, I remember years ago forming a stainless steel dress cover for my wife’s slam panel under the bonnet on her MX5 and was quite surprised how hard it was to cut where as aluminium you would be able to cut it out with a jigsaw.
Plus I would imagine aluminium would be a lot cheaper than stainless but only guessing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts