Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone had fitted a Q2 to their V6 GTV themselves?

Hard work? Tricky bits? Dead quick?

Garages don't seem to charge too much on labour so I'm guessing it's not such a bad job... will probably get them to do it as a result but just curious at this stage... every penny counts with the current state of my finances.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers... that tells me enough... could probably do it but it is clearly a job made far easier with a lift so for not much more than £100 the pro's can have the pleasure here I think!

Great thread! No hassle at all with the engine out of the car eh!

Found you de-cat pictures very interesting, I amazed at how violently those manifolds dive into the cats, that's guaranteed to be taking away quite a bit of power! How are the emissions regulations where you are? Does removing them cause you any issues with road tests (i.e. UK MOT) etc?

Chris

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have secondary cats on and they are enough for the MOT if the engine is in good condition. And yes there is massive power gain with 164 manifolds, i would say for sure over 15HP. You can see some videos in my thread, she goes like nuts!
I can well believe 15BHP from getting rid of those primary cats... very tempting!

How difficult was it to make the joiners to connect the 164 manifolds to the downpipes? They didn't line up as standard I guess?

Cheers,

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts