Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I went to the dealer the other day to check out that squeeeeeek from my brakes I get, they said no faults that "is just how this model is".....they said also I still have a few miles left on pads and discs but out of curiousity I asked how much they wanted for it. I got a quote for £410.00 to change front pads and discs and rear pads :wow:

I did plenty of brake services myself, I think changing discs and pads is one of the easier jobs to do on a car. I am just looking for something like a Haynes manual or anybody who did that already just to confirm a few things like if its standard procedure or if there is anything odd to this car but I can't find anything about it. Knowing that the Mito is basically a Fiat Grande Punto, does anybody know if the Mito 95BHP brakes are the same as the Fiat ones or if the job is standard?

Thanks,

DJ

·
Registered
177 Posts
The brakes are very standard , just done my own brakes , felt the brakes weren`t as good as when i bought it , cars a year old , rear brakes were part - seized , front ones no problem, quick clean and re-build with some copper grease , rear ones were hard going , both slides were dry inside the rubber seals , got them cleaned up greased and re-build , very simple , you will have no problem .
Will check them in 6 months , just incase.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brakes are very standard , just done my own brakes , felt the brakes weren`t as good as when i bought it , cars a year old , rear brakes were part - seized , front ones no problem, quick clean and re-build with some copper grease , rear ones were hard going , both slides were dry inside the rubber seals , got them cleaned up greased and re-build , very simple , you will have no problem .
Will check them in 6 months , just incase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts