Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly you couldn't make this story up.

I have some tenants in a house which the cooker needed replacing before christmas. No worries I said get it sort soon as. Went on "dick"sons site. Found the cooker they wanted went to order it. Errors on web page.
No worries i'll phone em.
" We don't do deliveries over the phone" was thery're response. "There has been a problem with the web site for about a week now.
"So what shall I do????"
silence...... I dunno......" Thanks for that brilliant piece of advice sales rep person you moron. In the end they said I could try currys who were part of the same group. So phoned em. Booked the cooker over the phone no problem. I want install and scrap to take away the old one. "Ok thats fine" they said but the cooker needs to be disconnected when they get there or they won't do it.
No worries i'll get a gas man. Did that and rang back.
"Ok i've got a gas man coming monday to disconnect the cooker.
"Why have you done that was their response??????
Cos you fu**in told me to is why."
"No no they wont touch the cooker if its been disconnected, they will do it". So i grit my teeth and cancel the gas man. So last friday they ring me again.
"Hi there, we're just booking your delivery and you want install too. we won't be able to do it monday cos it requires an engineer.
"but you told me that it would be done monday before christmas and all be installed WTF....
" Its a different department. there are no engineers to do until january" (basically I went nuts at this point)
So had to phone the gas man back and grovel to get him to come disconnect the old one and put the new one in.

Honestly I have never met a more inept bunch of useless tw*ts in my life. They need a team meeting where the managers actually tell the staff what they can and cannot say!!!!! Sorry if anyone on here works for either of these companies but after all that crap you can kinda see my point..

that is all :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

E

·
0 Posts
I bought a washing machine from currys, and paid for the install and take the old one away.

They turned up and moaned as it was a 2nd floor flat, and then when they looked at the old one said they couldn't do it as there was no tops on the taps. I knew this and had a pair of pliers ready, but no they couldn't do it.

At this point they were going to head off "errr what about the washing machine?"

"Oh, you still want it brought up?"

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
top rant! my last experience with currys was to go and buy a dishwasher. the clown in the shop first told me they didn't have the model i wanted in stock, until i pointed out that he was standing next to the box that had one in! then he satrted to tell me that they wouldn't be able to deliver it for a week, so i informed him that it would be going with me there and then, courtesy of the wifes estate car. he just didn't know what to do then! i honestly think that these companies employ idiots. and they wonder why people go into their shop armed with an idea of what they want, have a look at it, and then go and buy it from amazon!!! they deserve to be used like a display room imho:cheese:

H

·
0 Posts
Staff are invariably a product of the line managers that train them.

No matter how frustrating some can be, I always try to remember that

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
As someone who works for myself I'm always aware of the fact that if I don't do my job properly, I don't get paid. However, for most people, they have to make a pretty major ****-up to not get paid at the end of the month.

Edit: You can't say ****? How bizarre, what if I wanted to tell you about the **** pheasant I shot a couple of weeks ago?

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
I had a freezer delivered from Currys a few weeks back.

They were supposed to collect the old one, but when they came to get it they said they couldn't take it as it had ice inside.

They didn't mention that in their T&C, anyway because it was basically knackered there was no more than a thin coat of ice anyway.

They did come and get it a week later though, after I pestered them and threatened to send them the bill for the council to collect it.

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts

I'd change that to almost invariably.

I used to work in retail, and I'm pretty hopeful that I (and plenty of others) wasn't as thick and dis-interested as some of the knuckle-draggers that worked with me! :D

·
Registered
10,019 Posts

Good point well made :thumbs:

Edit: But Bazza Bear gor in there 30 seconds before me ;)

H

·
0 Posts
I'd change that to almost invariably.

I used to work in retail, and I'm pretty hopeful that I (and plenty of others) wasn't as thick and dis-interested as some of the knuckle-draggers that worked with me! :D
Yeah, fair point. I did a (brief) stint in retail, and couldn't believe how shocking the training was for frontline staff.

Essentially new staff were thrown to the wolves on day 1 and expected to deal with it.

Still, staff training costs money, so I suppose that would cut into profits, and that just won't do.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used to be customer service a Te**o in bournemouth so I sympathise with these guys and undersatnd to no end (almost) as I know how aweful some customers can be. This was my cut down version so it didn't bore you all. Must have spent about two hours on the phone so invariably when I lost it I can asure you it was justified. The "its someone elses fault "doesnt work with me as i just say ok put me through to them then!

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Away back in 1973 I working in the Motherwell Branch of Currys.
i purchased a set of headphones.They were really good ones but went faulty withing the guarantee period.I sent them back in house to get repaired.

I was so happy to get them back .I plugged them in and they were exacty as faulty as I had sent them.I read the form accompanying it and queried what NFF was.....I was No Fault Found.
I sent them back 3 times each time returned as NFF.I got a razor blade .Split the cable where it was obviously defective and jointed the wires...They still work today..

I should have sent a form back...SFU...So Flipping;) Useless.:D

I have bought many things thro them and never had a problem.

a few years back I also bought a cooker.It was £40 fitting so I said I would do it myself....It was delivered from Edinburgh via Cumbernauld to my house cheaper that I could have motored there.

When the man and the young boy with an earring were bringing it in...It as "12 inches athen a 6 inch step followed by another step then a turn to the right.:wow:My God they talk out a simple manoeuvre.( Probably down to new heatlh and safety regs

see

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/way-off-topic/200568-the-politically-correct-admiral-lord-nelson.html

I joked with the older man about when I delivered 26" tellies on my own .
They were about to leave and I thought that I'd have a laf.I asked the young boy with the large earring..Where are you going.That's it job done delivered.

Oh no says I .the chap at the shop said the young bloke with the earring would fit it before he left.The panic on the young mans face,I ken ..I am BAD:lol:, was a picture.While he was fastly scutininising the delivery not for what it said I put him out of his misery.I am only joking pal.....Well I set about the job of fitting.The guy at the shop said all inbuilt ovens were the same dimensions and would be a slot out and slot in....:tut::rant:Well it wasn't....and after having to strip out half the kitchen to alter the unit to accept the cooker that £40 fitting seemed a really good deal:cheese:

But I digress a wee bit...yep right hand left hand and never the twain shall meet.:)

Yes it is a nightmare when things go wrong and difficult to set back on the correct path.

Hopefully you know a handy bloke who can do it for you..Gas safe checked of course...DONT START ME OFF ON THAT 1:lol:

Good luck and merry xmas and a better new year..stay cool there is always the takeaway shops assuming they didnae go to DSG too.:lol:

Pomeo

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
I think you get 50 and 60 cm width inbuilt ovens Pomeo. Guess your new one is a 60, and your old one was a 50!

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I've posted this before somewhere....

But if I was you I'd go to Comet....

We got a £500 dishwasher for £300 'cause they
couldn't price things properly in their showroom.

We are always on the lookout there now :D

E

·
0 Posts
I've posted this before somewhere....

But if I was you I'd go to Comet....

We got a £500 dishwasher for £300 'cause they
couldn't price things properly in their showroom.

We are always on the lookout there now :D
I know somone that got a free TV because another company cocked up the internet order :lol:

They're out of business now, I cannot think why!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
As someone who works for myself I'm always aware of the fact that if I don't do my job properly, I don't get paid. However, for most people, they have to make a pretty major ****-up to not get paid at the end of the month.

Edit: You can't say ****? How bizarre, what if I wanted to tell you about the **** pheasant I shot a couple of weeks ago?
what about peacock?

edit: oh no, that works :lol:

·
Registered
44,666 Posts
I delivered stuff like this for nearly 9 years a long time ago. I was always told the customer is king, without customers the company is stuffed and your job disappears so smile and get on with it. If I had complained about taking a fridge to the second floor of a block of flats my manager would have given me the bo**ocking of a lifetime and told me to take a washer dryer to the 15th floor instead.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Il tell you how stupid currys delivery drivers are. We purchased a big double door fridge /freezer . I removed the front door to help the guy to bring it in but when they got to the kitchen door they just kept ramming fridge against the door linning.

I said it wont fit unless you remove the doors from fridge . These doors dont come off they said well if thats the case this appliance wont fit in any uk home

I Got a pair of steps and removed a top cover panel above hinge pulled a lever and the door came off well the look on there faces.

Final outcome was £150 compensation for damage to my home and both doors on appliance renewed due to numpty and co ramming against door frames.:rant:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
The "its someone elses fault "doesnt work with me as i just say ok put me through to them then!
That's exactly what you should do. If the staff hasn't been trained to deal adequately with the situation, then they should happily offload it onto their line manager and let them deal with it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts