Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How many times have you been divorced?

• divorced twice (what was I thinking?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • divorced three times (going for some kind of record?)

• you're sh***ing me?!?!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered how many AO'ers have been divorced and if so, how many times?

I'm supposed to make this a poll - but who knows if I can make the computer work for me?!?!

·
Premium Member
77,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've knackered my own poll!!!! I filled it in wrong.

I'm divorced once and married twice (if you get me drift)

d'oh!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Divorced once and getting married to the love of my life on 31/08/09:)

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Made the mistake of getting married when i was 23, Divorced and vowed never again :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Not married yet have spoke about it a little, still early days and not going to rush but I know she is the one :cool:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
My good lady is starting to get restless and has lately mentioned marriage and children a little bit too often for my liking. I refuse to get married or have children until i'm at least 30.

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I would hope by the time i'm 30 to be in a stable job, stable lifestyle and own my own home, none of which i can see happening in the next few years. Also i'm still growing up and what i want now i doubt will be the same as what i want in a few years time. I hope by the time i'm 30 i'll be a more grounded and slightly rounded person.

23 is far far too young to be married, i really don't want my relationship to be a statistic yet.:lol:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Not married yet have spoke about it a little, still early days and not going to rush but I know she is the one :cool:
:thumbs::D

I am working on divorce number 1 :trumpetr: But there wasn't an option for that :(

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
I would hope by the time i'm 30 to be in a stable job, stable lifestyle and own my own home, none of which i can see happening in the next few years. Also i'm still growing up and what i want now i doubt will be the same as what i want in a few years time. I hope by the time i'm 30 i'll be a more grounded and slightly rounded person.

23 is far far too young to be married, i really don't want my relationship to be a statistic yet.:lol:
Fair enough. But I reckon that when you get well and truely smitten you will
find that your self imposed restriction is exactly that and a bit of a falsehood.

But I do admire that you seem to know yourself well enough to feel that to
marry right now would be wrong for you. I married at 24 for the first time. My
marriage lasted just over 20 years. It gave me my son. It provided me with
stability while I built a career. But in the end it didn't work out. We grew apart
and the relationship became so sour it was intollerable.

It was not the wrong thing to do and my age was not the problem As I grew
older our inability to work together became the problem. I do not regret having
married or any of the good things that came out of it. And eventually it taught
me some lessons that I can now apply to my new marriage and allows me to
enjoy that far more than the first.

I suppose what I am saying is 'never say never' and, while it is not wrong to
set yourself limits, don't live by them so avidly that you let them spoil your
life. Setting up for life with someone is a matter for the head and the heart and
not one or the other exclusively.

I have also found that, as I get older, I tend to preach a bit :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
I have also found that, as I get older, I tend to preach a bit :lol: :lol:
:lol:

In all honesty, I don't see marriage as something that i really wish to do but more of a socially expected thing and the fact that i do know my beloved wants to get married at some stage. I love my missus and i don't really need a certificate to prove it.

I know she is the one and i've known since i was 15/16 so if we're going to spend the next 50/60/70years together, whats the hurry in getting married?

1 - 20 of 146 Posts