Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not especially a Celtic fan and I do like Arsenal a little (compared to the other top 19!).
But What a cheating diving &&^$ Eduardo is.
I was so angry at the little ^&%$"(& I was shouting at the screen and willing a Celtic player to punch him! grrrrr
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just when we got rid of Ronaldo (the cheating little *&"%$!^)

ahhhhh

thats better

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
That was a bit of a bad show but Eduardo is like so many others. When Ronaldo was with us it seemed like everyone thought he was the only culprit but it is rife.

Eduardo's dive was a disgrace. In real time both me and MrsJim called "dive" simultaneously whereas ex-pro expert Jim Beglin claimed "penalty" and later back tracked.

That aside, Arsenal were a league above Celtic in quality which must hurt their proud fans quite a lot. Despite their regular assertions they'd challenge for the title if they could just ditch their own nation and play in the Prem in England (for the money) I think they'd be just about good enough to ensure safety in the lower-middle third of the league if they did play here. Not they they should IMO, they have their own league, like the French, Spanish etc.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Did ypu hear Arsene Wenger interviewed after? Apparently it is now official that to "touch" somebody is enough to provoke a penalty.

Another rising star at falling to watch is Birmingham's Christian Benitez ("Chucho"). He has the potential to make make Ronaldo look like a Weeble.

H

·
0 Posts
Not they they should IMO, they have their own league, like the French, Spanish etc.
But why don't Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham play in the Welsh league?

I think both Celtic and Rangers wpould compete in the Premiership, after initially faltering. both have the fancase and resources to compete with the big guns, they just struggle to attract the players because of their weak league.

We're they playing the likes of Man utd, Liverpool etc week in week out then players would be moer than willing to join them.

·
Registered
726 Posts

I think both Celtic and Rangers wpould compete in the Premiership, after initially faltering. both have the fancase and resources to compete with the big guns, they just struggle to attract the players because of their weak league.

We're they playing the likes of Man utd, Liverpool etc week in week out then players would be moer than willing to join them.
It won't happen any time soon, because it would torpedo the Scottish FA. They'd be left with a league like the Welsh one is now, where teams with company names in their names qualify for Europe (the same goes for Cardiff etc.). The SFA are, after all, the same bunch of chair-warmers who will prevent Scottish players playing in the Olympics, for the same reason (obviously not that any would get picked, anyway). UEFA are looking for an excuse to reduce the number of home associations, and this kind of thing helps nicely. Most of the Premier League will oppose it (and vote it down) because they won't want richer clubs getting in. There was a plan to stick 'em in the Pokey Pola Championship a year or two back, so they could in theory get promoted (only the likes of Barnsley would cream 'em), but it came to nothing.

Also, from their own point of view - mid table (at best) won't get you into the Champions League qualifiers.

R

·
0 Posts

:thumbs: spot on mister.

·
Registered
353 Posts
What would have been nice to see would have been if after Eduardo had been awarded his so called penalty, he blasted it wide having seen the error of his ways. Dream dream dream.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Did ypu hear Arsene Wenger interviewed after? Apparently it is now official that to "touch" somebody is enough to provoke a penalty.
It has always been 'official'.;)
In fact according to Law 12, you do not have to make contact for it to be a foul/penalty.
The simple act of 'attempting to' is a foul.

That said, I have no doubt Eduardo dived was guilty of simulation.

K

·
0 Posts
That was a bit of a bad show but Eduardo is like so many others. When Ronaldo was with us it seemed like everyone thought he was the only culprit but it is rife.

Eduardo's dive was a disgrace. In real time both me and MrsJim called "dive" simultaneously whereas ex-pro expert Jim Beglin claimed "penalty" and later back tracked.
When I watch football on ITV there are certain words I dread. Primarily the words Pleat and David, and following close behind are Beglin and Jim.

I'd rather have my mum doing it and just repeatedly saying "I can't beleive this **** is on instead of Coronation Street.

Why is it that when a penalty decision goes against a manager they could see it perfectly from their position sat down in a Recaro in the dugout but when they go in your favour even though the decision was clearly ********, they can never really see it?

·
Registered
24,513 Posts

I don't know what the official explanation is for the Welsh teams you mention but it goes back a long time.

Celtic and Rangers don't already "have the resources" because few people outside of Scotland want to watch their league but they do have a huge fan base. I just think they wouldn't really benefit our league and only want in for the money (obviously). Why should two English clubs that have fought their way up through promotion be bumped for a pair of teams from another country that would probably avoid relegation but would struggle to finish in the top half of the table just because they have big fan bases?

If the boot was on the other foot, the SPL wouldn't entertain United, Liverpool or Arsenal joining "their" Scottish league so they could get their hands on more TV revenues. They should stop whining about everyone else's league being better off and being the reason they can't compete in Europe. We hear it every season. It is getting tedious.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Well it now looks like Edurado is going to be charged with " Decieving the Referee " by E.U.F.A after his "dive " on Wednesday !!!!........

Could open the floodgates for a lot of strange charges, methinks !!!!........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I just think they wouldn't really benefit our league and only want in for the money (obviously). Why should two English clubs that have fought their way up through promotion be bumped for a pair of teams from another country that would probably avoid relegation but would struggle to finish in the top half of the table just because they have big fan bases?
I've edited your post a little to get my point across.

When the FA allowed the Premier League to form it was on the understanding that they would reduce the numbers down to 18 to allow the England team to prosper from fewer games, unfortunately with all Sky's money the clubs themselves got excited at the prospect and haven't done that, thereby negating the understanding that the FA gave them.
The amount of money sloshing around at the top end of the game menas that the teams at the top do not want to lose out on the lure of European football. If Man City break into the top 4, whichever club loses out will suffer, as others have said, why come to a football club that can't offer astronomical wages and European football. Then all the expensive loans that have taken out to buy the clubs will become more difficult to pay back and you end up like Leeds.

It'll all end up in a european league in the future, with the top teams having two squads, one for Europe and another one to play in their own league to ensure qualification for the next year!

Damn that Murdoch and his money

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I assume that they're going to be charging all the players from now on??

Extremely unfair if they don't.

I did a quick search on youtube and found this belter!!! :lol::lol::lol:

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
Yes, that was done by a guy on a United forum I frequent, his gifs are hilarious too.

I have to agree with him - the annoying thing about Saint Gerrarg isn't so much the frequency of his diving (easily up there with anyone else in the Prem) but the fact he then has the temerity to come out with some of those quotes.

To be honest, I'm not sure it's right to give him any punishment worse than maybe a retrospective yellow - since that's what he'd have got if he'd been caught at the time.

Maybe they should make it harsher to try to stamp out the practice - but then why isn't Ibrahimovich being charged for a terrible one in the super cup?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Did anybody watch Man uth v Arsenal this evening, another Arsenal player blatenly dived, this time it was Eboue, but he had nothng to acheive he was no where near the penalty area. Good on the Ref thou he booked him, and Wenger subbed him straight after.

·
Premium Member
76,983 Posts
typically stupid effort from Eboue who is a notable idiot

i felt (almost) a little for Wenger today but that arsey display when he couldn't find a seat - the soft get, he could have walked off down the tunnel quite happily. no class

1 - 20 of 30 Posts