Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i have asked at the end of another thread but thought others might see this way. I have an engine with no loom or ignition module. I see the early alfa's run on a JFU4 dizzy and wired very simply. is there an alternative dizzy available to wire this way or is there any wiring diagrammes that show how the ignition module is wired so i can use my jgfud4 dizzy that i have.
It has the generator and twin 44 webers.
Thanks
I have worked on lots of beetle boxers but this one is new to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi, I did make comments on your other threads. I would not go down going back to points route. Alfa used a range of Dizzys as it took their fancy. Bosch and Marelli. The bosch is like the one on beetles. Have you got a Haynes Manual for diagrams or look at alfa pages for manuals on 33's. The haynes has a range of diagrams that may help some for points, some for electronic ignition. If you are still struggling my sons 33 1.5ti runs on a bosch and his spare engine has a marelli. I could take photos.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here are some part numbers that maybe of help to you..
Ignition module - Intermotor 15010 (7 pin connection) for Bosch type ignition

Distributor cap- Intermotor 44190

Rotor arm - Intermotor 48920s ( arms do vary in style so only 95% confident this number)

the long bosch number stamped on distributor body is the pickup unit part no and the letters code equates to the complete distributor assembly, I doubt an exchange version would still be available nowadays though.

I'll have a look at my sud this week and see if any way of helping you with connecting lead

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again all. I Have found a guy in Basildon at Motor Parts World who will rebuid the dizzy and sort all the wiring for the engine management for me. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts