Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm trying to restore my P4 interior (the drivers seat has got a bit saggy). My idea is hopefully to convert a passenger seat from a second P4 interior I have into a drivers seat. I think it is relatively straight forward to switch over the seat subframes to get the seatbelt mounting on the correct side, but I'm having problems with the winder.

Ideally I would like the winder to be on the correct (right) side but I can't work out how to change it over - I'm sure from a cost of manufacturing point of view that seats were not made to be completely side specific. It seems only to be a case of changing the end of the wider shaft over but I can't work out how to do it.

So far I have removed the base from the backrest and have removed some of the trim material from around the bottom of the backrest. I can see that the shaft is square shaped and wondered if the end parts just unscrew and can be swapped over.

Anyone had any experience of doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, I've thought of that - its one option I've considered but if possible, I also want the backrest to be good as possible too. I think I may just take the pair of seats to a professional upholsterer and see what they can do.

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
175 Posts
i had a sunken backrest and had a upholsterer firm it up. he wrapped some material inside the backrest and glued in extra foam.
the result was unsupportive and hard.
i have since learned how to peel the seats open myself and am experimenting with different levels of padding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts