Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leather (effect) handbrake cover on my Alfa GTV wouldn't stay on, so pulled it off and it appears the plastic support at the bottom has snapped. (I guess someone misfitted it after adjusting.

It is currently in the gluing stage.

I guess I will need a replacement though...any ideas on ££??

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Last time I replaced the handbrake and gear-lever gaitors was a few years ago but they were inexpensive.

I did get the handbrake and gear lever gaitors. Part numbers in black are
A0156027084 & A0156027086, though I don't know which is which. Prices are £16.61 & £9.92 + Vat respectively in UK.​

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Mines broke too, the trouble is theres not quite enough movement in the gaiter to cover the movement of the lever, I just put up with it!! BUT Let me know if you find a cheap supply tho!

Dan

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
The leather (effect) handbrake cover on my Alfa GTV wouldn't stay on, so pulled it off and it appears the plastic support at the bottom has snapped. (I guess someone misfitted it after adjusting.

It is currently in the gluing stage.

I guess I will need a replacement though...any ideas on ££??
You might be able to get a second hand one if it is expansive (contact Richard Murtha), but to be honest I think a new one will be relatively cheap.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The frame isnt part of the ebay sale items unfortunately!
Just to make sure I described it properly, the main console is fine....the gaiter has a leather construction with a plastic surround around the bottom...this is what snapped.

Prices sound quite reasonable!..going to see how my epoxied version holds :D

Will continue to keep an eye out for a spare tho :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts