Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My discs and pads (all round) are on the to-do list for this year, and i've been searchign the forum for ideas on what brands/types to use.

I'm looking for an upgrade over the standard 305mm brakes, but without spending too much.

I've seen some Ferodo pads for the 305 fronts at £40-ish, and some 305 pads closer to £200!

who uses what, what's "recommended" and what should be avoided?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I've been using Performance Friction pads (on 330's) for the last couple of years and am well impressed. Not cheap though.

(I see I am not the only one who has totally given up on finding any decent telly)

·
Vendor
45,852 Posts
Save money on discs and save it for decent pads.

·
Vendor
45,852 Posts
Any discs will be fine to be honest. Are you on 305s or 330s?

·
Registered
207 Posts
ive put brembos drilled discs and pads all round, stops in a heart beat but are not cheap and mine are for the 330mm

·
Registered
322 Posts
My next job on my gtv is brakes all round . Almost decieded on Brembos all round drilled and grooved think they will look good once the overtime comes in and i fit a set of teledials. The paint has become a little bit pink on the calipers whats the best paint to bring them back to there prime .

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
davidC - is it a road pad that's an improvement on the standard factory pads? if so, they'll do nicely.
They are a STANDARD road pad.
ie exactly the same as factory fit.

I use them in my Fiat Cinq and they are fine, for a normal road pad, but they are not pretending to be any more than that. The price should give that away!!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I ran 305's for a few years. I was very happy with standard discs and Performance Friction 305 pads (Autolusso do the road compound ones which were v good). As many will say on here, avoid the standard pads at all costs. They are absolute rubbish and dangerous. It really is worth spending a decent amount on some decent pads. Discs don't seem to make any noticeable difference at all.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
ok cheers for the info.

one thing i have never had to buy for any car is discs and pads so i'm clueless, as you can probably tell!

so standard discs are fine (both front and rear?) and it's worth spending some on uprated pads. right.

anyone got part numbers for the Ferodo ones for the 305s? there's a few floating about, ideally looking for an upgrade without having to spend ££££

found Ferodo part FDS721 - DS Performance "Street" pads - any good?

also, how do i get hold of new brake pad pins?

·
Vendor
45,852 Posts
You'll be fine with non-uprated discs, front and rear. Use standard pads on the rear, and for the fronts I would pick Performance Friction.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
anyone got part numbers for the Ferodo ones for the 305s? there's a few floating about, ideally looking for an upgrade without having to spend ££££

found Ferodo part FDS721 - DS Performance "Street" pads - any good?
DS-Performance are a tiny step down from DS2500

DS2500 p/n is FCP721H for the 305's.

Not much difference in price, but neither are cheap... you don't get cheap high performance brake pads (not good ones anyway!).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts