Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect the order book to open later this month so I was wondering what the score was on discounts. I've never bought a just released car before and I'm guessing I'll need to pay full price but thought I'd check in and see if anyone with experience of this has any thoughts?

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
I bought a Giulietta on pcp in the first year and the deals were nothing like today. I imagine Alfa will be tricks on lease rates to gain Giulia sales and keep the car off the used market for a while, thus retaining values. I read that Italian customers will get a Giulietta while they wait!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I expect the order book to open later this month so I was wondering what the score was on discounts. I've never bought a just released car before and I'm guessing I'll need to pay full price but thought I'd check in and see if anyone with experience of this has any thoughts?
I very much doubt they will do much in the way in discounts for the first few months but they might throw a few freebie upgrades in to entice the deal.
Also when i rang my local dealer they said, as i am planning to trade my 159 in, that Alfa will give me a better price as i have remained loyal to the brand. Whatever that means i do not know. I want to see one in the flesh first before i blindly order one.

·
Registered
699 Posts
With a Giulietta at launch there was a free upgrade from normal metallic to 8c red paint for cloverleaf club members.
When I bought my giulietta the dealer reckoned that I was given a £1000 loyalty bonus (on top of the pcp deposit contribution and the negotiated discount). It is possible that this sort of loyalty bonus might still be possible. It has been previously mentioned by Alfa on the website but not when I bought mine. I'm pretty sure though that the dealer did should me the campaign memo from Alfa as I was really sceptical that it was actually the dealer giving a discount but trying to give you a warm feeling with it.
A 1000 pcp contribution might not be out of the question but that will easily be swallowed by the difference between getting finance at 6% instead of 2%.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fear the PCP deals may be at crappy APRs too, so I'm planning on putting down as big a deposit as they'll let me/I can afford. I want to use PCP though so I can return the car in case it all goes wrong for residuals.. as if!

I think pushing for a freebie is a good plan, thanks.

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
The metallic paint option is pitched at 1000 euros in Italy apparently. Perfect opportunity for the dealer to "give away 1000 euros" of discount.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
THey'll have to be given some leeway to negotiate. If the prices are pitched at the 3 series, they need to realise that you can get some very big discounts on BMWs these days. £3-5k off is not unheard of, especially on higher level petrol model.

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
That £4K is worth 8 on a pcp with a 50percent residual. Ideally the list price should stay intact and the monthly drop to keep the perception of value intact for residuals!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The US sales model is different, you only seen to be able to buy from dealer stock not order from the factory. That means if stock is low dealers markup over "sticker".

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've read that 15-18% discounts are available on Bms even at the top end (m3/m4) if you're taking a pcp package. That's what alfa need to compete with...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They will end up offering those kind of discounts, but I think it will take a while. Especially with the QV, I think demand will outstrip supply for 6 months to a year. I want one day one and I fear that will mean full price (whatever that is).

·
Registered
36,862 Posts
Look at the 4C , there is one in every showroom now in the UK. The Giulietta QV at launch was the same and the dealers discounted them once they started to cost money to keep them in stock. The Giulia needs to be seen , as a halo model, but eventually needs to be sold. Alfa needs to control the availability of the Giulia QV and I'm sure they can!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thinking about discounts and how long to wait hoping that deals will get better..

Don't forget there will be new VED rules coming in April. Getting a 99gm emissions diesel before then could offer quite a saving compared to waiting (after April all cars will pay £140 a year with only the first year charge varying).
It's likely that the first year payment will be 200-300 more after April on the petrol model. Not too significant.
Also worth remembering that I think with Mito and giulietta the list prices rose after a few months which could also add 500 to the before discount price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know 15% is possible on an M4 convertable....
Which is a heck of a difference on a 50k car.

I'd be able to justify spending 43k on a QV to the Mrs (slightly) easier than 50k (especially if I can use the bargain discount line) :-D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since they are pitching it at the M3, then I think it will be high 50s. The competition pack M3 auto is £62k without options (normal M3 auto is £59k), my guess is they'll pitch the QV at £58k. Chuck in metallic paint and a few bits and bobs and you're over £60k. In 12 months time they will be doing discounts to make sure it's cheaper than the M3 but while the press love in continues they'll want top dollar.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since they are pitching it at the M3, then I think it will be high 50s. The competition pack M3 auto is £62k without options (normal M3 auto is £59k), my guess is they'll pitch the QV at £58k. Chuck in metallic paint and a few bits and bobs and you're over £60k. In 12 months time they will be doing discounts to make sure it's cheaper than the M3 but while the press love in continues they'll want top dollar.
On which basis those of us hoping to hold out for a decent BMW style discount are probably still looking at about £50k.

(this could drive me into the hands of a focus RS* and no Guilia in the near future )

*I know I know, polar opposite of an alfa but it is a really amazing piece of engineering (and cracking value)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On which basis those of us hoping to hold out for a decent BMW style discount are probably still looking at about £50k.

(this could drive me into the hands of a focus RS* and no Guilia in the near future )

*I know I know, polar opposite of an alfa but it is a really amazing piece of engineering (and cracking value)

Don't do it! The Focus is a great car, but you'll get tired of it. Heavily boosted 4 cylinder cars are fun, but get on your t*ts quickly. I have an Audi S3 and while it only has 300hp and is nowhere like as trick as the Focus it's still the same kind of car and I got sick of mine in 6 months. I think the Focus would keep the interest a bit longer, but underneath all the glitz it's a Focus, which is a good car, but they start at £16k. Remortgage the house and get a Giulia QV. In my mind it's a 4 door Ferrari (as opposed to a cheap hatchback with a big turbo and some chintz).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts