Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What on earth is going on in here:confused: ? The last couple of days appears to have been filled with back biting, name calling and venom. . . . . . . . . Having just paid a subsciption I don't like what I see as a great resource doing a Labour Party and trying to implode on itself.
So what if AO is listed at companies house? It cost money to run so why shouldn't it be run as a business?
AutoLusso are taking a pasting - justified in some cases perhaps - totally libellous and unsubstatiated in others. Strategically placed trolls perhaps???
Rival website bitterness. Why - we all have a common interest, so we should work arm in arm. Security in numbers and all that . . . . .
AO vs AROC - again why? As before we all have a common interest, so we should work arm in arm. Security in numbers and all that . . . . .
This destructive streak is unpleasant to see and ultimately it is not in any of our interest. Not saying that everything should be rose tinted and twee:tut: , but lets keep it civil, consistent and above all fair to all.
Just my tuppence worth :rant:

Ooops -Darren 156 just noticed your post along the same lines. Sorry didn't mean to Hijack.

H

·
0 Posts
On behalf of the Regional Rep Team All I can say is get to a meet in your Region When you can :)

AO is a very Broad Church and I robbed that saying off a close friend ;)

I'm the chap that joined here a few years ago and found the concept of Cyber mates a bit strange :(

Through AO I've made a lot of friends and been involved in organising a lot of meetings some good some bad :)

But All the AO Reps will make you welcome at any meet we organise regardless of what car you drive or what forum you post on if you belong to AO you're welcome at our meets :)

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I was watching in on a couple of threads late last night when i got in from work and i could not believe the way the tone was deteriorating. i have only been on this forum for a couple of months and found it to e a great source of information and advice. It does not seem to me that i am subjest to draconian censorship and as for the sinister fact that AO is registered at company house, it would be impossible for it not to be as it is AO limited.
AFAIAK long may it last , and if in order to do that it must prosper thats fine by me.
thanks to everyone that has offered me advice over my early months of Alfa ownership:) :) :)

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
This time of the year, we always get some flame wars. The Mod Team tries its best to keep the discussions open, civil and in line with the positive atmosphere on AO :)

Please help us achieve that by reporting posts that infringe the Forum Rules and generally avoiding jumping in and having a "virtual fight" :)

P

·
0 Posts
I agree :D It probably comes as no surprise to anyone that I'm always happier making love.....

....than war :D

(Cue HM "You durty girl :tut:")

·
Administrator
46,141 Posts
Self importance.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Contentious 'Bones'/ issues, were being chewed over by various folk, regarding services, purchases, and so on, and the topics were the ones where fact needed to be sorted from fiction, in a balanced fashion?

It did get rather heated and quite spiteful at one point, but honesty and truthfulness, should of been the main considerations?:rolleyes: Sad that as people we are stuck with those consuming creatures,
The Hawk of Greed,Serpent of Envy, and the Unicorn of Wrath! I've missed one, which describes me to a 'T', Bear of Sloth?:D

Alls Fair, in Love and War? :confused:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:confused:

Is this a seasonal thing? People getting depressed at the end of the summer, and taking it out on each other? :(

Peace, man :cool:

:thumbs:
I'm on another, completely unrelated, forum which has almost seen ThermoGlobalNuclearWar this week - is it a full moon or has the Large Hadron Collider really screwed everyone up.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I agree :D It probably comes as no surprise to anyone that I'm always happier making love.....

....than war :D

(Cue HM "You durty girl :tut:")

In the absence of the Happy one....

You durty girl :tut:

Feel better now? :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I'm on another, completely unrelated, forum which has almost seen ThermoGlobalNuclearWar this week - is it a full moon or has the Large Hadron Collider really screwed everyone up.
As I have just posted in another thread there must be something in the water. Dont get me wrong, I love a good ruck once ina while but this isnt the place for it. Too many witnesses!:lol: If it does happen on here just just stay out of it and watch with my popcorn.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
HM's bang on the money - get along to a local meet and you'll see that AO is in fact a very friendly place with a wide variety of like-minded people, many of whom are members of AROC as well as AO. We shouldn't let one or two ill-advised public spats tarnish the rest of the club which always gets along just fine:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts