Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
As it says, I have one of the above going spare having scoured Europe to find one only to realise there's nothing wrong with my oil cooler and I, in fact, needed a PAS pump :eek:

It's the one which isn't made any more and is nigh on impossible to get hold of at the moment, part number 60626898 (the other pipe -60626899 and the cooler rad are still available from Shop4Parts or Autolusso to my knowledge).

It's brand new OEM, Mangoletsi sourced it for me from a dealer in Poland, and still in the box. Anyone want it before I put it on Fleabay?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to clarify and add to Clive's edit, it owes me £120 and I just want to get that back, not looking for any profit, should have included that originally! As I said, it was Mangoletsi who sourced it so I ended up paying Alfa main stealer price.

Yes, they used to be cheaper but as they've got scarcer they've got more expensive (Ned at Autolusso was the one who told me this, in fact) and, yes, the equivalent parts for the 2.0 turbo and the 3.2 are available, if you can find them, and are less money too but there's no consensus over whether they fit the 3.0 GTV or not.

Can you tell I also did lots of ultimately pointless research?!

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
According to Laurence I had the last new one in the country fitted to my car in October!
You probably did, I know they've been out of stock for ages now. This one came all the way from Poland! :wow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Given this is likely to impact on quite a few GTVs in coming years ... what's the plan B for when the OEM part is impossible to source (which is almost where we are now)? Is it possible to fit an alternative cooler / pipe arrangement or are we looking at writing off a car simply because the pipe has gone :-(

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Is it possible to fit an alternative cooler / pipe arrangement or are we looking at writing off a car simply because the pipe has gone :-(
Yes, aftermarket kits are available starting at the same kind of price as asked for here... But the quality of the finish will depend on who is fitting the kit.

Think Automotive is the best website for this type of thing:
Welcome to the home of Mocal oil coolers and components - Think Auto

Still better to pay £120 for this OEM part in this case.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
You can fit a 3.2’s (GTA) as well.
That’s probably why they discontinued the one for the GTV.
Basically the same thing with a different part number.

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Alternatives

You can fit a 3.2’s (GTA) as well.
That’s probably why they discontinued the one for the GTV.
Basically the same thing with a different part number.

I thought that as well, 3.2 GTV's oil cooler pipes are still available £113+vat.

I think 2.0 V6 Turbo pipes will also fit & they're much cheaper. I have a new 1 still in the bag, part number:60617808, & it's 'flexy' unlike the original Turbo's which I think were solid?

Not had the time to offer it up but I'd bet it fits.

Clive

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
The turbos might be different with the exhaust pipe but I do not know the v6 turbo. Unfortunately we never had them in SA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Turbo, The 3.2 and the 3.0 oil cooler pipes do look the same in the pictures I've seen. This would seem to be a neat solution - do you have experience of these being fitted to a 3.0 V24? I wonder why this solution isn't offered by dealers/garages.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yes we have mixed and matched them.
It is because the dealers only react to what the pc tell them and the mechanics are part fitters and nothing more. If EPER or the diag tool cant solve it they are lost.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Hi All,
As it says, I have one of the above going spare having scoured Europe to find one only to realise there's nothing wrong with my oil cooler and I, in fact, needed a PAS pump :eek:

It's the one which isn't made any more and is nigh on impossible to get hold of at the moment, part number 60626898 (the other pipe -60626899 and the cooler rad are still available from Shop4Parts or Autolusso to my knowledge).

It's brand new OEM, Mangoletsi sourced it for me from a dealer in Poland, and still in the box. Anyone want it before I put it on Fleabay?
do you still have this? keeping all my options open..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Panic,
Yep, still got it due to my spectacular lack of organisation and motivation, my Mrs. is badgering me to get rid of it too! Let me know if needed, apologies for the delay, been away for the weekend.
Adam

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
cheers for the reply but I have now ordered a replacement kit from autolusso. Good luck with the sale though..

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
cheers for the reply but I have now ordered a replacement kit from autolusso. Good luck with the sale though..
Amajor has a GTV V6 pipe anyway, its different to whats on a GT 3.2 / GTA, I don't think it would fit.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Amajor has a GTV V6 pipe anyway, its different to whats on a GT 3.2 / GTA, I don't think it would fit.
Just aswell I listened to Ned then. Classic when he was givin' someone a bollocking in the garage while I was hanging on the phone...:cool::lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts