Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have to leave my car for 6 weeks I disconnected the battery before I left. It suddenly dawned on me that this might not be a good idea with regard to all the gizmos on the car in particular the oil service and service indicators.

When I reconnect the battery will these need to be reset by a dealer at great expense no doubt or is this not a memory related thing?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't had a car that had these potential problems before, my GTV is incredibly basic in comparison to the 159

Thansk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 159ti and when I got it the guy from Alfa told me to disconnect the battery if I go away anywhere so I'm guessing it wouldn't have a detrimental effect on anything!

Cheers

·
Registered
238 Posts
I presume you've considered the effect on your insurance by not having the alarm in operation? Have you considered fitting a battery conditioner instead, e.g. Optimate or CTek?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I presume you've considered the effect on your insurance by not having the alarm in operation? Have you considered fitting a battery conditioner instead, e.g. Optimate or CTek?
I hadn't but the car is in a garage in rural France where it's unlikely anyone would hear the alarm anyway. I will of course make no mention of the fact that the battery was disconnected if the car disappears. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts