Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply opening my glove-box pings the boot release. Annoying if you are on the move and irritating if you forget to close as the alarm goes off. :mad:

It might be a case of adjustment, but I thought I'd just disconnect and use the key for the odd occasion when I might use the boot.

Still a GTV newbie so sorry if a fix is well know.

·
Banned
299 Posts
Simply opening my glove-box pings the boot release. Annoying if you are on the move and irritating if you forget to close as the alarm goes off. :mad:

It might be a case of adjustment, but I thought I'd just disconnect and use the key for the odd occasion when I might use the boot.

Still a GTV newbie so sorry if a fix is well know.
I just wanted to say that it's taken me nearly a year to find mine, and it works proper, except if the ignition is on, a safety feature apparently??? It's a real pain using the key all the time.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If it is triggering the boot release when the engine is running, then that shouldn't happen. Maybe someone tried to make the boot openable with the engine running and got it horribly wrong!

Can you pop the fuel flap open with the engine running?

The connector for the glove box switch/boot release is on the end of the switch unit. The manual states that you can remove the light/switch unit without removing the glovebox. Once the lamp unit is out, you can easily disconnect the connector from it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is triggering the boot release when the engine is running, then that shouldn't happen. Maybe someone tried to make the boot openable with the engine running and got it horribly wrong!

Can you pop the fuel flap open with the engine running?

The connector for the glove box switch/boot release is on the end of the switch unit. The manual states that you can remove the light/switch unit without removing the glovebox. Once the lamp unit is out, you can easily disconnect the connector from it.
Thanks for your comments.
Not actually experienced the problem on the move (although not tried), just when parked up, so I assumed it might occur on the go - glad it should not be able to. Still annoying when you open glove box it goes ping and opens boot. Think I'll still look to disconnect.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
So try it with the engine running and the car stationary. If the boot remains closed you just have a relatively simple fault in the glovebox light/switch unit which would be a cheap and simple repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts