Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I am going away for 6 weeks and am not sure whether to disconnect the battery or leave it all as it is. I read a thread on the GTV section I think it was, but just wanted to check it was the same.

If i disconnect the battery, will anything be reset when I reconnect it or will it all be ok to drive?

Either that or i can try to get my dad to take her out once a week, is that a better option?

Cheers,
Al

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Disconnect it, you will find that the battery will go flat after 6-8weeks of no use
i have left mine for a good few months and i left the battery connected, the other morning i walked past an the car was clicking at me and beeping quietly so it is now connected, it does no harm an may help your battery live longer

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I am going away for 6 weeks and am not sure whether to disconnect the battery or leave it all as it is. I read a thread on the GTV section I think it was, but just wanted to check it was the same.

If i disconnect the battery, will anything be reset when I reconnect it or will it all be ok to drive?

Either that or i can try to get my dad to take her out once a week, is that a better option?

Cheers,
Al
What about a battery condtioner ?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Nip down to Halfords and for £25 you can get a good trickle charging maintenance unit..works a treat. I have three of them hooked up to cars that don't get a lot of use saves the hassle of resetting if it goes flat.

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Not heard of that, is it like a charger?
Basically a small trickle-charger.

Some are better than others.

They are a good option for a little used garaged car where you can get mains electric to it.

Not an option for a car parked in the street though!

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
6-weeks isn't that long, unless your battery is already knackered...!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6-weeks isn't that long, unless your battery is already knackered...!
I was just a bit worried about the weather, left for 6 weeks last year and we had all the snow and minus temperatures and when I got back the battery was shot. Maybe I am just being a bit paranoid!

S

·
0 Posts
If its close to a mains plug a trickle charger would work. If not a solar charger works well, stick on the dash top and hook up to a permanent live and earth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts