Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help- I've found a connector behind the RHS / OS headlamp- not connected! It leads to a large 12v capacitor looking thing under the coolant tank, next to the washer bottle. moulding is GATE and A563.
Sorry for not being to technical.

I have also foung a connector dangling down behind the bumber on the opposite side , but haven't been able to trace where it goes yet. Any suggestions?

M

·
0 Posts
I have these connectors too dangling free. Da Londo may be right with his headlamp washer suggestion. Not Foglamp connections though.

Marlon

·
Banned
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reconnected the one next to the washer bottle and now the low windscreen washer liquid warning light comes on in the cockpit. I wonder if this has anything to do with my previous and as yet unrepaired non working windscreen washers? The headlight washers are working ok. So much that some of the water reaches the windscreen!. Don't think the other one is fog light as they are working ok.

E

·
0 Posts
Hi Alfastu
It’s not unusual to find connectors, which doesn’t connect to anything. All versions of a model have the same wiring loom and equipment or options not fitted to a certain version have these “loose” connectors.
But the loose one at the washer probably been disconnected not to burn the fuse or ruin the leads.
I, too, had a problem with the washer – the motor had gone. My pragmatic auto-electrician had one which look right and said: Do you want this for £20 incl. fitting or shall I get the right Bosch one which is about £30+ plus fitting. Well, you got two guesses what my answer were. Right, the look alike has been working fine since. :D
Alfisti regards
Erik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts