Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my headlights on my 156 are discoloured and make the front end look really dull! the inside of the headlamp itself look spotless so im guessing its the front casing or lenses!!.

are the lenses repairable, replaceable or do i have to buy new headlights

many thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
one of my front ligths is kinda "foggy" it looks like something burned inside and the gas got stucked inside the glass.
so i been checking around the web and around where i live.

the conclusion i reached is.

Buy new units, original or compatible but of high quality. buying the glass gonna be a hard work since u gotta remove old one wihtout breaking the casing, glue the new glass and put it inside the oven to "bake". takes hours and your wife/mom wont like the smell of baked headlight in the kitchen.

so if you buy new headlights the job of changing them its "easy" if you follow guide and you will actually save time and money and at same time have brand new headlights :p

dont know if i can post this but theres a pretty nice guide at Fun starts @ 3000! go into Tips and you´ll find a guide to change your headlights, with photos and a good enough explanation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just went out to have a look and thought to myself might aswell change them like u say, that way im saving time and money and i could end up replacing them anyway if i break the old ones ripping them oflol.

thanks for your help mate

·
Registered
22 Posts
i just went out to have a look and thought to myself might aswell change them like u say, that way im saving time and money and i could end up replacing them anyway if i break the old ones ripping them oflol.

thanks for your help mate
anytime :)

btw remember to check if yours have the height adjustment thing, so that you get the right ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts