Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
How come I didn't see that parked outside my French bolthole? I should have been told.

Heads will roll.

Good grief its lovely though.:cool:

·
Registered
36,779 Posts
Prefer the purity of the donor car myself.

It reminds me of the kiddy version with the apparatus behind the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Well, the kiddy version looks better than most cars on the road. Scale it up and I'd have one - if I could reach up to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I love it, just the 6 numbers needed of a saturday night and I'll try to get someone to sell one to me, only 7 made (?) so wont be easy.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
"They" havnt destroyed any... The 8C's owners will have requested they be destroyed...

But yes it does mean there are/will be 7 less 8C's...

But there will be 7 Disco Volante Spyders... fair trade off imo

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Personally I prefer the 8C anyway. Much prefer it.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I would hate my meaning to be misunderstood.

I really do like these cars, I think in terms of their coach built nature, they are above the 8C. I'd say they are very special cars in their own right, but it is a shame that the count of 8Cs must go down for these cars.

Along with the 2ueetttotetotettoteoettoeetoottanta :)p), they are cars that I feel should have been built immediately by FCA in co-operation. They are a luxury upgrade of a purists Alfa Romeo. It's not like they did what say Brabus or the like do; they took a car and made it entirely special and different in its own right. Not just "MOER PWR! MOER TORK! MOER BITS!".

I think what amazes me with these companies, is thier natural flow with other Italian companies. Some workings like BMW-Pininfarina or Aston Martin-Zagato looks sometimes a little awkward from some angles.

It tends to be the case (subjectively), having seen a good few of these kinds of cars that Alfa-Pininfarina or Ferrarri-Pininfarina or whatever, just works for these cars. It is a shame they don't do more cars like this, because FCA have that edge in design over many other car companies. They had that perfect little roadster by Pininfarina made for them, and no one did anything about it. How easy would it have been to keep that design and just ask Mazda for a chassis to sit it on. Instead they went round and round in circles for years with the 124 Spider, when they had a premade design, sat right there, made by one of the greatest coach builders ever known; all it needed was a little attention and fettling to work practically.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts