Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst day at Rose Bay Car wash in Sydney today. Firstly I discovered they dont even use any detergent at all washing the cars they just use water only. That means that all the tree sap that had fallen on my bonnet couldnt be removed with water alone. If they had detergent it would have come off easily like I wash it myself sometimes. But this time they didnt have any detergent and charged me extra to Polish it off. Ok never going to that place again. Disaster Number 1:rant:

Disaster Number 2 - They broke my boot lock trying to get into the boot cleaning the boot lid. I just found out just now that when you put the key in it just turns freely both ways and doesnt do anything. Thankfully the button still works from the glove box. So I remember seeing them try to get into the boot but didnt know they vandalised the lock to get in.

So im just beyond anger at this point that I must be calm to handle this situation. Im sure if I go back to them and say you broke my boot lock they will say, no we didnt it was already broken. Should I charge them for a new boot lock ? Maybe put that to them.

If they say it was already broken I will say no it wasnt as it was working before I brought it here. You had to use the key to get into the boot. You can try it now to get in (they will turn the key and it will not open the boot) now there is no other way to get into the boot so you must have used the key to get in as I saw you open the boot to clean it. But the key does not work now and there is no other way to open the boot. So how did you open the boot then if not for the key? (they wont know about getting in through the glove box) Im interested to see how they get out of this one.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Bill em Fred, nothing more annoying than trusting your car to someone and them being careless.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah msgtv Im thinking I might go to Dept of Fair Trading (Gov Dept that takes consumer complaints) and ask a lawyer friend of mine at work also. I reckon a boot lock new installed must be at least $300-400 (150-200GBP)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah im only selling it if someone is interested in paying 25K for it but no one has offered that yet. :lol:

Had some offers under 20K. Im just using the same ad for when I sold my 2 litre and put the V6 in there in case anyone wanted it for 25K. The ad is free indefintly till you sell your car. (but dont tell anyone;))

If I really want to sell the car Id drop the price below 20K and it will sell pretty easily id say.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh ok fair enough.

I go past rose bay car wash alot and always look in to see the nice cars there.
I know alot of expensive cars there- would not recommend going in there. Evertime i go there I come out with parts missing or broken :rant:

Saw a BMW M3 and Merc SL500 today- jesus if I had that sort of money Id take it to a professional detailer to get washed not to those guys.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
OT, but Fred can you please remove your Pininfarina scripts and put them in the right place! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Why take it to a car wash anyway, that will kill the paintwork even before they put the detergents.....

hand wash is the only way

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why take it to a car wash anyway, that will kill the paintwork even before they put the detergents.....

hand wash is the only way
I know I know I just wanted to take it to someone else to get washed for a change instead of washing it myself. Everytime I wash it in the street all my neighbours think - there he is again washing his car everyday ! Luckily Im going to be doing shift work soon which means Ill have 2 days off during the week when I can wash the car when everyones at work and they can leave me alone :p

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I called the Car wash today (if anyones interested :lol:) and told them about my boot lock being broken and they said bring it in to have a look. This was after speaking to my lawyer friend who said not much evidence on either side if you went to court and court costs would be too high anyway best to negotiate a friendly agreement which is what Ive done so see what they say.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts